Official Game Thread - 6/10 - Bucs vs Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller is arguably the worst pitcher on a 14 man staff. Worse than the dumpster dive pickups. Worse than the rule 5 guy. His good games are the ones where he lasts 5 innings without getting crushed. Today was the 6th time in 12 starts that he didn't even go 4 innings. Where is the "stuff" that's supposed to make him a star? Pitchers who throw in the high 90s are now a dime a dozen. That seems to be all he's got. Arquimedes Caminero threw even harder than that. But he had a hard time getting batters out. I'm all for giving pitchers time to develop. But I really don't see any potential in Keller. Maybe our previous star pitcher in waiting Nick Kingham can get Keller a job in Korea. At age 29, Kingham has at last achieved mediocrity in the KBO. So maybe there's hope for Keller too.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

173A37262130276764550 wrote: Keller is arguably the worst pitcher on a 14 man staff. Worse than the dumpster dive pickups. Worse than the rule 5 guy. His good games are the ones where he lasts 5 innings without getting crushed. Today was the 6th time in 12 starts that he didn't even go 4 innings. Where is the "stuff" that's supposed to make him a star? Pitchers who throw in the high 90s are now a dime a dozen. That seems to be all he's got. Arquimedes Caminero threw even harder than that. But he had a hard time getting batters out. I'm all for giving pitchers time to develop. But I really don't see any potential in Keller. Maybe our previous star pitcher in waiting Nick Kingham can get Keller a job in Korea. At age 29, Kingham has at last achieved mediocrity in the KBO. So maybe there's hope for Keller too. Agree over hyped kid who never was even close to his hype. Let's move on.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Game over. Dodgers sweep. Season more than a third over and Keller's ERA hovers at 7.04.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Thanks for the YouTube tip earlier in the day. I watched a bit of the game and then, during the rain delay, they showed the end of the Phils/Braves game. Extra innings. Braves scored two in the top of the 10th without getting a hit. The Phils looked like the Pirates. Then they stopped looking like the Pirates and scored three in the bottom of the 10th to win 4 - 3. Exciting game.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3D3F252335500 wrote: Thanks for the YouTube tip earlier in the day. I watched a bit of the game and then, during the rain delay, they showed the end of the Phils/Braves game. Extra innings. Braves scored two in the top of the 10th without getting a hit. The Phils looked like the Pirates. Then they stopped looking like the Pirates and scored three in the bottom of the 10th to win 4 - 3. Exciting game.
I did the same. Do you wonder if the delay when the ump got hit by the ball messed up the pitcher? He wasvup 0-2 in the count and then got tagged with three straight hits.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wonder if this continued failed attempt at seeing if Keller can pitch might be related to the Glasnow fiasco? Like we cant give up?

At least there was some good news on Brault and Yajure. I also wonder if they might reconsider stretching out Holmes and giving him another shot in the rotation?
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: Keller is arguably the worst pitcher on a 14 man staff. Worse than the dumpster dive pickups. Worse than the rule 5 guy. His good games are the ones where he lasts 5 innings without getting crushed. Today was the 6th time in 12 starts that he didn't even go 4 innings. Where is the "stuff" that's supposed to make him a star? Pitchers who throw in the high 90s are now a dime a dozen. That seems to be all he's got. Arquimedes Caminero threw even harder than that. But he had a hard time getting batters out. I'm all for giving pitchers time to develop. But I really don't see any potential in Keller. Maybe our previous star pitcher in waiting Nick Kingham can get Keller a job in Korea. At age 29, Kingham has at last achieved mediocrity in the KBO. So maybe there's hope for Keller too.

I know everybody's leaning toward a position player in the draft now, but I'm thinking they should take Leiter. They surely can't count on Keller being part of a solid rotation in 2023-4 or whenever they think they're going to be good again.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

232F262B3C603A2723213A26377C7E0E29234E0 wrote: Keller is arguably the worst pitcher on a 14 man staff. Worse than the dumpster dive pickups. Worse than the rule 5 guy. His good games are the ones where he lasts 5 innings without getting crushed. Today was the 6th time in 12 starts that he didn't even go 4 innings. Where is the "stuff" that's supposed to make him a star? Pitchers who throw in the high 90s are now a dime a dozen. That seems to be all he's got. Arquimedes Caminero threw even harder than that. But he had a hard time getting batters out. I'm all for giving pitchers time to develop. But I really don't see any potential in Keller. Maybe our previous star pitcher in waiting Nick Kingham can get Keller a job in Korea. At age 29, Kingham has at last achieved mediocrity in the KBO. So maybe there's hope for Keller too.

I know everybody's leaning toward a position player in the draft now, but I'm thinking they should take Leiter. They surely can't count on Keller being part of a solid rotation in 2023-4 or whenever they think they're going to be good again.

There isn't anyone on the major league staff that looks like they will be part of the rotation in 2023 or 2024. That being said, I still lean toward position player in draft and maybe a pitcher with second pick.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

143934252233246467560 wrote: now they go to Bednar.

Shelton just can't see when a guy is done. The moment that ball got golfed by Bellinger, you knew he was done.

but no, let's just stay with him until it's a complete 5 alarm fire
Shelton wanted him to execute his pitches.  :D
I missed today's game. It appears that I didn't miss much
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0D33363E2D35353E1E3B2C3F685A0 wrote: now they go to Bednar.

Shelton just can't see when a guy is done. The moment that ball got golfed by Bellinger, you knew he was done.

but no, let's just stay with him until it's a complete 5 alarm fire
Shelton wanted him to execute his pitches.  :D
I missed today's game. It appears that I didn't miss much
How many in a row have the bucs lost to LA