Official Game Thread - 6/12 - The Rinky-Dinks @ Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I'm feeling very good about my 59-102 pick.

My pick was based almost solely on the fact that this franchise elected to go into the season with LITERALLY ZERO PROVEN, ESTALBISHED MLB STARTING PITCHERS ... and that has indeed proven to be the case. We have a bunch of guys who would be lucky to be the 6th starter on a real team.

Of course I also thought the offense would be markedly improved ... hahahaha what an idiot I was.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5173607D7E7B7C73506771717D120 wrote: I'm feeling very good about my 59-102 pick.

My pick was based almost solely on the fact that this franchise elected to go into the season with LITERALLY ZERO PROVEN, ESTALBISHED MLB STARTING PITCHERS ... and that has indeed proven to be the case. We have a bunch of guys who would be lucky to be the 6th starter on a real team.

Of course I also thought the offense would be markedly improved ... hahahaha what an idiot I was.

It's hard to imagine a worse rotation in MLB history.

Brubaker: Encouraging potential after shortened 2020 season (1-3, 4.94 ERA).

Kuhl: in 5th year and still trying to establish himself as an effective MLB pitcher. Probably better suited for BP.

Anderson: in the 6th year of a below average career. Best year was rookie season (5-6, 3.54 ERA) in 2016. Best ERA since then was 4.37. 5th starter at best.

Keller: has used every opportunity to show he's not ready for MLB if he ever will be. Now back in AAA.

Crowe: possible 5th starter material at best.

Cahill: dumpster dive pickup well past his prime and trying to hang on. Bucs are 1-7 in his starts.

De Jong: has bounced around with Pirates as his 6th organization but still has only 18 MLB games, 1 career win and career 6.62 ERA.

Other than Brubaker--and at this early stage of his career there are going to be growing pains--there are no starting pitchers who can reasonably be expected to beat any opponent.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

In my opinion, we've had worse rotations during the last few years of The Losing Streak Of All Losing Streaks.  Those guys were as awful as awful gets.

These guys are capable of starting another. :(
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

193B28353633343B182F3939355A0 wrote: I'm feeling very good about my 59-102 pick.

Actually I can't see this team winning 59 games. This is a low 50's team and dare I say high 40's. :-/
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Looking ahead, we play the D-Backs.

One team has a -73 RD. That's good compared to the other, -87.

How on earth are they going to figure out who wins? @@@@ ;)

There's some bad baseball out there, to say the least.
mouse

Post by mouse »

It is amazing that as badly as we are playing we're still on course to draft about third next year. Hard to believe there are teams out there doing worse than we are.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

45475D5B4D280 wrote: It is amazing that as badly as we are playing we're still on course to draft about third next year. Hard to believe there are teams out there doing worse than we are.

Give it time. Come late August we should be #1 but really what does it matter to get all high draft picks. Once they get good they will be gone.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

4042585E482D0 wrote: It is amazing that as badly as we are playing we're still on course to draft about third next year. Hard to believe there are teams out there doing worse than we are.

The Orioles have managed a 14-game losing streak and the D-backs 13. The Pirates just haven't found their stride yet.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

71425E5F5C54625F4458434455595E300 wrote: It is amazing that as badly as we are playing we're still on course to draft about third next year. Hard to believe there are teams out there doing worse than we are.

The Orioles have managed a 14-game losing streak and the D-backs 13. The Pirates just haven't found their stride yet.

They've reeled off 6 straight. Maybe they're making their move!
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

54727560696572646C070 wrote: my goodness......deja vu all over again.

11 walks last night, 2 already in the first inning
What happened to 6-13 Game Day Thread?