Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Carlos Santana- smooth.  3.

Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

665344444F7644444F4844210 wrote: The Off-season Thread is sort of like MLB games.  Argue scores, and you're going to get tossed.

All members were invited to participate with Shed.  Dave and I said that we would.  Where were you?  Probably like Ben, twiddling thumbs.

So, now, you take shots at how we rate guys.

If they're going to give some Suspect who's never played a 0.5 because somebody bellyached about it, I can see giving a guy who actually played a 1.5.

You're probably welcome to be on the esteemed panel next year if you ask nicely enough.  That way, some other choirboy can make fun of your scores.  ;)

It's the way we get through life!  We make things up as we go along.  Who knows?  We could grow up to be POTUS!  What a country.

WRONG!!!! He invites two people every year.

Thanks for making it up as you go along....again.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

GW...if you can't handle the heat......just turn the knob to the left.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I volunteered. Dave asked. Who are you- Lindsey Graham? ;)
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The Padres sign Bryan O'Grady for a .5.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

The current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5)..................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3)..................................................5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2),Wisler(2)......................................5

White Sox - Lynn(4),Eaton(2.5)................................................6.5

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5),Dunning(1.5).........................2.5

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5)..............................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Padres - O'Grady(.5)...............................................................0.5

______

And now there are only 6 other teams in all of baseball who have done nothing to improve their major league roster.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

He's not a Suspect, so I have to give him something. I'll give him a 0.5, too.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0B2A220B20284F0 wrote: I have to say this thread no way one that I liked at first.  The only seriousness about it is how you guys jag each other off with how players are allowed to be scored and the points that each move gets.  I finally realize that the point of this thread is to somehow help yourselves and other die-hard Pirate fans make it through the off-season after an agonizingly terrible season.  To that point, I give you guys all a 10.  Thanks for the humor intentional or not.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Possum, this was by far the most popular thread on the old PMB. It would always get us through the winter and had very active participation. The arguments were classic. I'm glad you've come to see the fun in it. It rarely fails to entertain.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The OST.  Because there's only so much football you can watch and the SI Swimsuit Edition doesn't come until February and someone took last year's. 
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

0035222229102222292E22470 wrote: I volunteered.  Dave asked.  Who are you- Lindsey Graham?  ;)

When did you ever volunteer for anything? As for me I offered my services
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

683E283C332939323F281A3D373B333674395A0 wrote: I have to say this thread no way one that I liked at first.  The only seriousness about it is how you guys jag each other off with how players are allowed to be scored and the points that each move gets.  I finally realize that the point of this thread is to somehow help yourselves and other die-hard Pirate fans make it through the off-season after an agonizingly terrible season.  To that point, I give you guys all a 10.  Thanks for the humor intentional or not.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Possum, this was by far the most popular thread on the old PMB.  It would always get us through the winter and had very active participation.  The arguments were classic.  I'm glad you've come to see the fun in it.  It rarely fails to entertain.

Right with you doc