Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

6E757879707C731D0 wrote: Reds pull a pure salary dump, don't get called on it.

Reds weaken their team, just like Milwaukee, but don't get called on it.

But hey, those GM's are doing something.

_______

I don't question the GM's motives, I just assign them points when they acquire a major league ballplayer.

Why aren't you subtracting when they get rid of one? Now the purpose is just assigning points to moves.

Before it was showing which GM was doing the most to improve their teams.

BTW, that's Texas with a salary dump as the White Sox pick up Lance Lynn.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The White Sox get Lance Lynn from the Rangers for a  4 and the Rangers get  Dane Dunning from the White Sox for a 2.  What say you Wildwood Dave and Greenweenie?

The current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5)..................................7

Angels - Iglesias(2).Iglesias(3)..................................................5

White Sox - Lynn(4)................................................................4

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5),Dunning(2)..............................3

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2)...................................................3

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Reds - Hoffman-(.5),Ramirez(1.5)..............................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

____-

And now there are only 7 other teams that have done nothing to improve their major league roster.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: Reds pull a pure salary dump, don't get called on it.

_______

I don't question the GM's motives, I just assign them points when they acquire a major league ballplayer.

Why aren't you subtracting when they get rid of one? Now the purpose is just assigning points to moves.

___

I have been doing this Off Season thread for many years and we NEVER had negative points.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

6D767B7A737F701E0 wrote: Reds pull a pure salary dump, don't get called on it.

_______

___

I have been doing this Off Season thread for many years and we NEVER had negative points.

You just never had someone point it out to you. What is 2 minus 4?

And 34 IP in the majors....gets a 2!!!!!??????????

shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: Reds pull a pure salary dump, don't get called on it.

_______

Wrong again. Subtracting points for players leaving has been brought up numerous times in past years. That is not the purpose here. Now, if you want to keep track of negative points for players leaving teams, have at it.

_______

___

You just never had someone point it out to you. What is 2 minus 4?

And 34 IP in the majors....gets a 2!!!!!??????????

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

We've never assigned negative points. If we did, Huntington would be crawling back from China.

Shed corrected my description. It's to rate moves. It's not necessarily roster improvement.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

3.0 for Lynn, 1.0 for Dunning.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

675245454E7745454E4945200 wrote: We've never assigned negative points.  If we did, Huntington would be crawling back from China.

Shed corrected my description.  It's to rate moves.  It's not necessarily roster improvement.

Schtick. Old. Can't ignore the obvious.

No one said anything about assigning negative points to a player. You both know what I'm talking about.

I you give me 4 dollars, that doesn't make me 4 dollars richer if I give you 2 dollars back, which in turn doesn't mean you're now 2 dollars richer.

And why no comment about a salary dump of Lynn?

And why no defense of giving a grade of 2 to a guy with a total of 34 IP in the majors? Is this guy on Shed's fantasy keeper team?
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

457067676C5567676C6B67020 wrote: We've never assigned negative points.  If we did, Huntington would be crawling back from China.

Shed corrected my description.  It's to rate moves.  It's not necessarily roster improvement.
But getting a guy from waivers, whether or not it improves the roster, is not a move. Got it. :-?
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

002621343D31263038530 wrote: We've never assigned negative points.  If we did, Huntington would be crawling back from China.

Schtick. Old. Can't ignore the obvious.

No one said anything about assigning negative points to a player. You both know what I'm talking about.

I you give me 4 dollars, that doesn't make me 4 dollars richer if I give you 2 dollars back, which in turn doesn't mean you're now 2 dollars richer.

And why no comment about a salary dump of Lynn?

And why no defense of giving a grade of 2 to a guy with a total of 34 IP in the majors? Is this guy on Shed's fantasy keeper team?

_____

No, a better analogu would be if you got $4 and someone else got $6, then they got $2 than you.