Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

7B606D6C656966080 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

The current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5)..................................7

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2)...................................................3

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Angels - Igesias(2)....................................................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5)..............................................1

Reds - Hoffman-(.5)................................................................0.5

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Meantime, I think Rip Van Cherington is going to try to beat Rip Van Winkle's record.

Maybe Cherington just doesn't understand your scoring system. After all, he did improve the backup catcher spot in his sleep. He's probably very disappointed to find out that it didn't count. That's one more catcher than Van Winkle obtained in his sleep.  ;)

________

I fully expect that Perez will be DFA'd long before the season starts, but if not, Cherington will get a score for him.
I think we'll see Perez on the bench on opening day. They released their other backups (Maile, Murphy) and Perez is good defensively and a LH batter. I think they are satisfied with him as the backup to Stallings.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

This just proves that it doesn't take much to satisfy a .317 club.
Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

517C71606776612122130 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2)...................................................3

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Angels - Igesias(2)....................................................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Reds - Hoffman-(.5)................................................................0.5

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Meantime, I think Rip Van Cherington is going to try to beat Rip Van Winkle's record.

Maybe Cherington just doesn't understand your scoring system. After all, he did improve the backup catcher spot in his sleep. He's probably very disappointed to find out that it didn't count. That's one more catcher than Van Winkle obtained in his sleep.  ;)

________

I fully expect that Perez will be DFA'd long before the season starts, but if not, Cherington will get a score for him.
I think we'll see Perez on the bench on opening day. They released their other backups (Maile, Murphy) and Perez is good defensively and a LH batter. I think they are satisfied with him as the backup to Stallings. 

it is impressive that Perez got 13 rbi on 14 hits. I wonder if he will be able to match either of those with the Bucs. In my view the team needs to add another catcher.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

587E7F687E6E1D0 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

________

it is impressive that Perez got 13 rbi on 14 hits.  I wonder if he will be able to match either of those with the Bucs.  In my view the team needs to add another catcher. 

_______

Of course they are going to acquire another catcher and send Perez to the minor leagues.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

If they have hopes of becoming a .318 club, they should get two.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

This thread keeps disappearing. I can bring it back through the Admin capabilities. How it disappears I have no idea. If it happens again just let me know.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

This is why it happens:

https://imgflip.com/i/4pa5go

I'd just post the meme here, but I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture, and the help section doesn't seem to cover it.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

6D4B4C59505C4B5D553E0 wrote: This is why it happens:

https://imgflip.com/i/4pa5go

I'd just post the meme here, but I can't seem to figure out how to post a picture, and the help section doesn't seem to cover it.
;D

OBN has a strict "No Liquidation" policy. :)
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I think that as soon as you type ".317" or "dead last" OOPS!
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

I don't know how threads keep disappearing, but I am sure glad we have Possum around to retrieve them. Great job of administration.