Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

44656D446F67000 wrote: I'd like to return to the topic stated in the title by asking this question: who will be the next Pirate traded, and why? For bonus credit?, suggest the return. I'll begin.

Chad Kubl started on 2021 opening day. He's only controlled for one more year, so he probably won't be a part of the 2023 rebound. I would trade him for the best available prospect not Rule 5 eligible before 2024.

We can use the roster spot and fellow posters have hinted that Kuhl wants out..

I don't see Kuhl as part of the future, either, but he may still be here up until the Deadline next July.  If BC can't get a decent enough return for him in the offseason, he might keep him in hopes Kuhl has a good start in '22 and increases his value.

If what you say happens Doc, I sure as heck hope that Kuhl does not pull a Gregory Polanco and stink to high heavens.  It would be nice if he pulls a Tyler Anderson and returns prospects as SyrBucco suggests. 

On the other hand what if he is blocking a good Rule 5 eligible prospect from remaining in the organization. 

[highlight]Neither situation takes into account what the new CBA will do to roster management.[/highlight]

That's a really good point. That's why the CBA negotiation is going to be so interesting this time around. I hope we have some good discussion about it as it's ongoing and information is leaking to the public.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

537574637565160 wrote: Howard was claimed off waivers a couple days after Huntington was fired SB (when Graves was in charge temporarily).
Thanks. I was going by the date of the transaction, which was before BC was hired. Didn't realize the gap was so wide between the two.
I expect Gamel to be the Pirates LF in 2022

unless he is the right fielder. The Bucs pretty much have to bring him back.

If Yoshi is signed and Moran is still here i would expect him to be in right and possibly platoon him with Alford if he his still here
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I predict that Moran never again dons the Pirates uni. Mark it down.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: I predict that Moran never again dons the Pirates uni.  Mark it down.
I did!
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

0A3F2828231A28282324284D0 wrote: I predict that Moran never again dons the Pirates uni.  Mark it down.
He's going to mow your lawn wearing it.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: I predict that Moran never again dons the Pirates uni.  Mark it down.
He's going to mow your lawn wearing it.
He doesn't have a lawn- just a sidewalk painted green
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

What happened to the guy who started this thread?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The mods saw what they had.  Not on the 25 man roster anymore.  Some LMG poster got called up.  They're resting him, I guess.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6335233738223239342311363C30383D7F32510 wrote: What happened to the guy who started this thread?
He is just spending more time on the golf course
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

536D6860736B6B604065726136040 wrote: What happened to the guy who started this thread?
He is just spending more time on the golf course

But he's taking more swings, which are offset by not putting out, so his scores have actually stayed the same.