Official Game Thread - 5/27 - Bucs @ Mariners

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

57696C64776F6F644461766532000 wrote: Just said that Vinnie V. left the game with right elbow discomfort- I would think that the the chances of him returning anytime soon

are rather bleak.
I’m having trouble understanding why VV was allowed to come back from an injury and immediately goes back on the IL with the same injury. Looks like the medical staff goofed up on his return
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

17323131240F323A382F5D0 wrote: Just said that Vinnie V. left the game with right elbow discomfort- I would think that the the chances of him returning anytime soon

are rather bleak.
I’m having trouble understanding why VV was allowed to come back  from an injury and immediately goes back on the IL with the same injury. Looks like the medical staff goofed up on his return
Why would re-injury mean someone goofed? Joint injuries reoccur all the time. I'm only questioning why they didn't do a rehab start in Indy
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1A3C3B2E272B3C2A22490 wrote: Just said that Vinnie V. left the game with right elbow discomfort- I would think that the the chances of him returning anytime soon

are rather bleak.
I’m having trouble understanding why VV was allowed to come back  from an injury and immediately goes back on the IL with the same injury. Looks like the medical staff goofed up on his return
Why would reinsurance mean someone goofed? Joint injuries reoccur all the time. I'm only questioning why they didn't do a rehab start in Indy
He had 1 rehab start at Indy on the previous Saturday: 4.2 IP, 63 pitches. 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 walk. I guess he felt fine and they were satisfied. But my guess is that he needs surgery. Obviously, rest was not the answer.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

In his first 12 appearances, Moreta walked 12 in 13.1 innings. Since then he's had 9 appearances with 0 walks in 10.1 innings. What a turnaround!