Official Game Thread - 7/2 - Bucs vs Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

They only scored 3 runs but at least Henry Davis got rested. This is what is so consistently maddening about how this team is run. Since going 1 for 10 in his first 10 games, he's hitting .371 since. He's brought life to the lineup, which was sadly lacking today.

But things like that don't matter to Sheltington. I suspect the GM has as much if not more to do with who plays and who rests as Shelton. This regime prioritizes rest over everything else. Certainly over winning. I'm sure they would say that after the game they fly to LA to play the Dodgers tomorrow night and they wanted Davis fresh. So why try to win today when you can try to win tomorrow instead? Besides, everyone who started today can't be off tomorrow. Some have to play both games. Why not one of the youngest? They seem to rely on their stat geeks and computer analysts that always seem to provide them with some reason not to play their best lineup. They always seem to be looking for the best way to set themselves up for the next game at the expense of the game they are currently playing.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

745954454253440407360 wrote: They only scored 3 runs but at least Henry Davis got rested. This is what is so consistently maddening about how this team is run. Since going 1 for 10 in his first 10 games, he's hitting .371 since. He's brought life to the lineup, which was sadly lacking today.

But things like that don't matter to Sheltington. I suspect the GM has as much if not more to do with who plays and who rests as Shelton. This regime prioritizes rest over everything else. Certainly over winning. I'm sure they would say that after the game they fly to LA to play the Dodgers tomorrow night and they wanted Davis fresh. So why try to win today when you can try to win tomorrow instead? Besides, everyone who started today can't be off tomorrow. Some have to play both games. Why not one of the youngest? [highlight]They seem to rely on their stat geeks and computer analysts that always seem to provide them with some reason not to play their best lineup. They always seem to be looking for the best way to set themselves up for the next game at the expense of the game they are currently playing[/highlight].

someone needs to ask Shelington this. I really like the name Shelington too.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6B4D4A5F565A4D5B53380 wrote: Pirates totally gave away this series.
Well Surg, you can take solace in the fact that you were there

for the only win of the series
No, I was at Saturday's game. You're thinking about the Thursday game I was at
I stand corrected :D
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6E484F5A535F485E563D0 wrote: Pirates totally gave away this series.
Well Surg, you can take solace in the fact that you were there

for the only win of the series
No, I was at Saturday's game. You're thinking about the Thursday game I was at
I stand corrected :-/