Official Game Thread - 7/14 - Bucs vs Giants

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6B3D2B3F302A3A313C2B193E34383035773A590 wrote: Gonzales gets the rally started.  We’re going to win.

Never mind.  Not a good start to the second half.  Failed to hold the lead.  Gotta tighten that up in order to be competitive.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Another one the bucs let get away. Wasted a decent effort by Hill. Good luck tomorrow Surg
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

183E392C25293E28204B0 wrote: HBP to lead off the 9th, De Los Santos comes on...and a strike 'em out throw 'em out double play!!!

What more does Delay have to do to prove he's the superior catcher?
He has to be paid $5,000,001. I really think it's all about Hedges salary. Cherington made a boneheaded FA signing and won't admit it.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]
They called that a passed ball?” Shelton said. “So (Hedges) is set up away and (Holderman) misses off the plate in at 98 (mph)? That’s a wild pitch. That pitch has got to be executed better. It’s not a passed ball.”[/highlight]

any comments on this?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

092F2E392F3F4C0 wrote: Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]
They called that a passed ball?” Shelton said. “So (Hedges) is set up away and (Holderman) misses off the plate in at 98 (mph)? That’s a wild pitch. That pitch has got to be executed better. It’s not a passed ball.”[/highlight]

any comments on this?
Has to justify his 5 million $ salary
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

022425322434470 wrote: Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]

any comments on this?
The Pirates have been in bunker mode regarding Hedges for weeks now. We're being told he does things that we don't see. Great. Wonderful. The things we can see, and everyone else is, he can't throw anyone out, and he certainly doesn't deserve to be called an excellent defensive catcher.

You should have heard Wehner angrily defending him on the post game show on the radio last night. "He wasn't brought here to hit, or throw out runners!" He went on to tell us how valuable he is for the things we can't see.

He even tried to excuse his throw that almost went into LEFT field!

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

142A2F27342C2C270722352671430 wrote: Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]

any comments on this?
I think they are spewing that mantra about "pitch framing" and "handling pitchers" to hopefully con someone into taking him off their hands. I honestly believe the Pirates would pay a good chunk of his remaining salary to get rid of him. But to do that, they need someone to step forward with some 26 year old low A ball "lottery ticket" to trade, so the Pirates can save face by telling us the trade was one they actually wanted to do, the guy was someone they had their eye on (even better if he's a former first rounder) and it had nothing to do with the money. It's starting to look like when they traded Liriano to Toronto.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4D6B6C79707C6B7D751E0 wrote: Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]

any comments on this?
I think they are spewing that mantra about "pitch framing" and "handling pitchers" to hopefully con someone into taking him off their hands. I honestly believe the Pirates would pay a good chunk of his remaining salary to get rid of him. But to do that, they need someone to step forward with some 26 year old low A ball "lottery ticket" to trade, so the Pirates can save face by telling us the trade was one they actually wanted to do, the guy was someone they had their eye on (even better if he's a former first rounder) and it had nothing to do with the money. It's starting to look like when they traded Liriano to Toronto.
Hopefully, you and Mr.Man won't have to watch him today. Question- I know Mr.Man is a youngster but does he ever voice
his opinion on the Pirates? have you corrupted him yet? :D :D
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

645A5F57445C5C577752455601330 wrote: Shelton quote in today's Trib:
[highlight]

any comments on this?
Hopefully, you and Mr.Man won't have to watch him today. Question- I know Mr.Man is a youngster but does he ever voice
his opinion on the Pirates? have you corrupted him yet? :D :D
He just likes going to the games with me, he doesn't keep tabs on them. He's not really a sports fan, he's a kid who just enjoys going out and doing things together with family, no matter what it is. Now, ask him about gorilla tag on VR!