Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Wildwoodcoach

Re: Official Game Thread - 9/2 - Bucs @ Cards

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

RAISE IT
Doc

Post by Doc »

WHEW! Goldschmidt grounds out on the 9th pitch of his at bat. Really nice comeback win for the Bucs tonight. They take another series. Love to see a sweep tomorrow.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Win #63
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Raise it!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

WE may have to have a magic number to not lose 90- who
besides Surg would have thought? :lol: :lol:
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Andujar was pivotal in this game. :shock:
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

are the Cardinals fans mad about the way their team is tanking?

I hope so. Nice win tonight.
Last edited by Ecbucs on Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Joe Block was exceptional calling the bottom of the ninth. Was listening on my way to work. I'm not sure who is worse, Young or Walker. Someone please tell Neil if you start a comment don't just stop. Capps and Walk are the only two I can listen to.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Regarding Cardinal fans, I'm sure they are not happy es They have especially because they have been
good for so long. Theu have two bonafide stars in Goldschmidt and Arenado. Also spent quite bit on
Contreras. Pitching isn't good. I really think the team misses Wainwright and Molina who were so good for so long
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:20 am Joe Block was exceptional calling the bottom of the ninth. Was listening on my way to work. I'm not sure who is worse, Young or Walker. Someone please tell Neil if you start a comment don't just stop. Capps and Walk are the only two I can listen to.
I prefer Wehner as the analyst. Greg Brown tends to ruin the new analysts by indoctrinating them into his routine of always trying to be funny. Walk is a good analyst but when teamed with Brown, they try too hard to be comedians. Walker seems to have picked up on that as well. And Capps is doing too much of that. Young seems to be making an effort to be more animated and that's resulting in more casual banter with Brown than we need. Wehner seems to be the only one immune to Brown's attempts at comedy. And I like his analysis.

I also find it interesting (although annoying) that Walker, Young and Capps (as McKenry always did as nauseum) repeatedly personalize their comments when teamed with Brown by saying "Brownie" as in "You know, Brownie, Keller looks good" or "Brownie, Hayes is hitting better." Their comments should be directed to the audience, not the other guy in the booth. But I wonder if Brown encourages that. I've always felt he wants to emulate Bob Prince with countless nicknames and catch phrases. It seemed natural when Prince did it. But Brown makes it sound forced. Prince was always known as Gunner. Maybe Brown wants to be known by a nickname too.
There's no basement in the Alamo.