4/10 Glasnow start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by Ecbucs »

Now that the reds spent their bullpen last night the Bucs should win the rest of the series.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It was kind of strange for the Reds to remove their starter with a big lead at 70 pitches.
SammyKhalifa

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by SammyKhalifa »

717A727E7B7A612422556C747D7A7A3B767A150 wrote: It was kind of strange for the Reds to remove their starter with a big lead at 70 pitches. 

He was probably doing just as poorly as Glasnow though.
Bobster21

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by Bobster21 »

182A26263200232A27222D2A4B0 wrote: It was kind of strange for the Reds to remove their starter with a big lead at 70 pitches. 

He was probably doing just as poorly as Glasnow though.
Yeah. In 2+ innings, Finnegan yielded 4 hits and 5 walks and left in the 3rd with bases loaded, no outs after walking in a run.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/10 Glasnow start

Yeah, pretty bad starting pitching all around.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/10 Glasnow start

Here is what Hurdle said about batting LeBlanc:

"No [doubts] whatsoever, based on who we had available" Hurdle said. "[Felipe] Rivero is down. [Juan] Nicasio is done. Williams threw two innings yesterday. If Williams throws today, then you're down two more days. Then you're down and moving personal around. So, we did the best with what we had and LeBlanc, that was throwing aces out there today."
skinnyhorse

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by skinnyhorse »

615C5B415C5B350 wrote: I've never seen a team deserve to lose a baseball game tonight as our Pirates.  Could patch, couldn't hit when it mattered, gave up a zillion sb's and hr, and could field worth nuthin'.

We need to own this "l" and realize most teams aren't the Braves and here for us to run over.

Has the Reds bullpen been great tonight or did the Bucs give up?  Last year the Reds had the worst or next to worst bullpen in baseball. Two guys tonight pitched 3 innings without allowing a hit or walk.  That looks impressive.
When your manager gives up, what do you expect.  Bases loaded 3rd inning and manager sends up the relief pitcher up to hit, that sent a message and the team got it loud and clear, game over.  Hurdle needs to go.

Glasnow forced Hurdle's hand.  We have seven guys in the bullpen.

Williams and Rivera were not going to be used. LaBlanc would be coming out. 

So you now need to get six innings from Watson, Hudson, Nicasio, and Bastardo.  None of these guys are long men or are stretched to go multiple innings.  This tears up you bullpen for a week,

This one is on the players.  We had men on first and second with no one out in the first and loaded the bases with no one out in the 2nd and 3rd.  We scored one run.  That's not on Hurdle.

I would imagine if we had scored some runs, he might have gotten Taillon up, but there is no reason to burn your bullpen on the .333 chance that Jaso or Hanson gets on base to narrow the score.

Glasnow took Clints toolbox away last night and LaBlancs a bit of hero for saving the bullpen's availability.

Hurdle doesn't know how to manage this team and he proved it last night and I've seen him do stupid things like this time and time again. Unfortunately we're not going anywhere with this guy giving up on games when your behind, the players know when the manager has given up and they play to his expectations.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4/10 Glasnow start

I am not a big Hurdle guy when it comes to strategy. I don't fault him last night for letting a relief pitcher bat after four others failed to drive in runs.

But to say the team can't win under Hurdle is not accurate. The Pirates have the 4th most wins since 2013 in all of baseball. Does Hurdle get any credit for that?

What he does best is leading the team. How can you say he can't manage this team after Lamont, McClendon, Tracy, and Russell? The Pirates rarely have any issues in that clubhouse or in the dugout. That goes back to leadership.

It was a tough call last night what to do with the bases loaded twice. I am glad Hurdle had his reasoning. I hate when people just say "gut feeling". McClendon was famous for his "gut feelings".
SammyKhalifa

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3A222027273021263B3A2C490 wrote: I've never seen a team deserve to lose a baseball game tonight as our Pirates.  Could patch, couldn't hit when it mattered, gave up a zillion sb's and hr, and could field worth nuthin'.

We need to own this "l" and realize most teams aren't the Braves and here for us to run over.

Has the Reds bullpen been great tonight or did the Bucs give up?  Last year the Reds had the worst or next to worst bullpen in baseball. Two guys tonight pitched 3 innings without allowing a hit or walk.  That looks impressive.
When your manager gives up, what do you expect.  Bases loaded 3rd inning and manager sends up the relief pitcher up to hit, that sent a message and the team got it loud and clear, game over.  Hurdle needs to go.

So you now need to get six innings from Watson, Hudson, Nicasio, and Bastardo.  None of these guys are long men or are stretched to go multiple innings.  This tears up you bullpen for a week,

This one is on the players.  We had men on first and second with no one out in the first and loaded the bases with no one out in the 2nd and 3rd.  We scored one run.  That's not on Hurdle.

I would imagine if we had scored some runs, he might have gotten Taillon up, but there is no reason to burn your bullpen on the .333 chance that Jaso or Hanson gets on base to narrow the score.

Glasnow took Clints toolbox away last night and LaBlancs a bit of hero for saving the bullpen's availability.

Hurdle doesn't know how to manage this team and he proved it last night and I've seen him do stupid things like this time and time again.  Unfortunately we're not going anywhere with this guy giving up on games when your behind, the players know when the manager has given up and they play to his expectations.

So when you pinch hit, who do you bring in to pitch? Taillon? If so what about the game today?
notes34

4/10 Glasnow start

Post by notes34 »

4B535156564150574A4B5D380 wrote: I've never seen a team deserve to lose a baseball game tonight as our Pirates.  Could patch, couldn't hit when it mattered, gave up a zillion sb's and hr, and could field worth nuthin'.

Hurdle doesn't know how to manage this team and he proved it last night and I've seen him do stupid things like this time and time again.  Unfortunately we're not going anywhere with this guy giving up on games when your behind, the players know when the manager has given up and they play to his expectations.
So who do you send out there to pitch? I guess you blow through all available arms when you're already down 5? Then what happens today?