4/9 Game thread Cole goes for the sweep...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Post by PMike »

Those are awesome shots! How close were you sitting? I'm going to a couple games next month and I'll be close. Now I'm tempted to bring the camera and try and match your work.

And yes, getting a shot that you (or I) shot would really be a cool thing!
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Thanks Mike. We were like three rows behind the wall behind the batters circle (maybe I was on TV, not sure). If you look at the pictures you can see the netting that I tried to shoot through (sometimes the autofocus wanted to "look" at the net instead of what was behind it). ANyhow, they were great seats and I don't expect to have ones that good very often again if ever.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3730262E2037707C052228242C296B262A28450 wrote: Thanks VA!  I have an Olympus Micro 4/3 with a (relatively) cheap Panasonic 45-200mm zoom.  They're pretty good with letting things in (other sporting events don't want anything with a detachable lens, length limitations, etc.) though of course you'll probably need to go to the bag check line.  They don't want flashes or tripods either but that's just common sense as those would really bother the other fans.

I would not have guessed that you could get  camera equipment in. Very cool.

The picture of Cervelli with the ump, Stewart with the young kid are really really good.  The pic of Polanco is nothing short of outstanding. If you could get those autographed you'd have some value. Gregory has probably never had a better portrait - talk about capturing personality!  A perfect picture.

Now I'm guessing that if you tried to bring in a huge bag full of gear they might start asking questions. But yeah, I was suprised too. I think they relaxed on that in the past few years. I am sure it helps that my camera is much smaller in size than your standard dSLR and doesn't look "serious," haha.

Again thanks for the compliments. You're right that I might have to print a few of them out.