Zack Godley dfa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Zack Godley dfa

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0616172036363A550 wrote: Has anyone expected it or written that it should happen in one off-season?

In essence, what we've written is- that stagnation is not the way to improve this or any team.  It's the 2019 team, which, as we shouldn't need to remind anyone, is not the 27 Yankees. 

And, that is exactly the start that this BC guy has done, any way someone may attempt to spin it.

If this is what we should come to expect, then we might as well have kept Huntington and Connelly.  That was painful.  This will be no less so.
___

Small market teams Cincinnati, Florida, and Milwaukee all made moves to improve their teams this offseason.  They aren't worrying about "seeing what they have", instead they are improving what they have.

That sounds convincing if you say it fast.  Truth is, each of the GMs in charge of those organization's have been in place for at least two years.  They've already gone through their initial assessment process.

Yes, you are right.  They have been with their respective time organizations for more than one year.  That said there is zero good add here.  You don't need to have a PhD in baseball GMship to know the pitcher here sucked/sucks and yet, no additions with except for putrid Holland.  I would try Godley instead of watching the lousy arms we are throwing out there at four and five in our rotation.  But hey, we are in the running for the Kumar Rocker, Jack Leiter battle for 2021 draft.

I get it, and I don't disagree that BC could've probably made some changes. But I'm not going to reduce him to Huntington's low level and consider him a wasted hire because he hasn't by this point, especially considering the limitations brought by the pandemic. As I said, I'm looking for him to make improvements by the Deadline and certainly during the offseason. If he doesn't, then it's completely fair to criticize his inactivity.
shedman

Zack Godley dfa

Post by shedman »

1B4D5B4F405A4A414C5B694E44484045074A290 wrote: Has anyone expected it or written that it should happen in one off-season?

In essence, what we've written is- that stagnation is not the way to improve this or any team.  It's the 2019 team, which, as we shouldn't need to remind anyone, is not the 27 Yankees. 

And, that is exactly the start that this BC guy has done, any way someone may attempt to spin it.

If this is what we should come to expect, then we might as well have kept Huntington and Connelly.  That was painful.  This will be no less so.
___

Small market teams Cincinnati, Florida, and Milwaukee all made moves to improve their teams this offseason.  They aren't worrying about "seeing what they have", instead they are improving what they have.

That sounds convincing if you say it fast.  Truth is, each of the GMs in charge of those organization's have been in place for at least two years.  They've already gone through their initial assessment process.

Yes, you are right.  They have been with their respective time organizations for more than one year.  That said there is zero good add here.  You don't need to have a PhD in baseball GMship to know the pitcher here sucked/sucks and yet, no additions with except for putrid Holland.  I would try Godley instead of watching the lousy arms we are throwing out there at four and five in our rotation.  But hey, we are in the running for the Kumar Rocker, Jack Leiter battle for 2021 draft.

I get it, and I don't disagree that BC could've probably made some changes.  But I'm not going to reduce him to Huntington's low level and consider him a wasted hire because he hasn't by this point, especially considering the limitations brought by the pandemic.  As I said, I'm looking for him to make improvements by the Deadline and certainly during the offseason.  If he doesn't, then it's completely fair to criticize his inactivity.
______

So, you will be in favor of acquiring FA's at the deadline even if they block some LMG on the roster?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Zack Godley dfa

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

332825242D212E400 wrote: Has anyone expected it or written that it should happen in one off-season?

___

I get it, and I don't disagree that BC could've probably made some changes.  But I'm not going to reduce him to Huntington's low level and consider him a wasted hire because he hasn't by this point, especially considering the limitations brought by the pandemic.  As I said, I'm looking for him to make improvements by the Deadline and certainly during the offseason.  If he doesn't, then it's completely fair to criticize his inactivity.
______

So, you will be in favor of acquiring FA's at the deadline even if they block some LMG on the roster?

Of course I would be, if they're players who would make the team better. I want the best 25-man roster as possible, and I don't care - I've never cared - how much money is spent to do it.
GreenWeenie

Zack Godley dfa

Post by GreenWeenie »

It's spelled, "P", "U", "N" and "T".

We have so many good power hitters that we don't need any more on a team that finished four games out of next-to-last.

shedman

Zack Godley dfa

Post by shedman »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: It's spelled, "P", "U", "N" and "T".

We have so many good power hitters that we don't need any more on a team that finished four games out of next-to-last.

________

We may have finished in last place, but Cherington has to see what he has!!!
GreenWeenie

Zack Godley dfa

Post by GreenWeenie »

The apologists and closet apologists never learn. They want it both ways.

They blame Huntington for a supposedly barren closet.

Then, they say that the new guy needs time to see everything that he has.

We finished dead last. We watched as the Reds (they used to use the term ('lowly' Reds', remember?) blew by us without any effort.

If the closet's barren, then there isn't all that much to see, and it doesn't take much to do better- if someone is committed to it. Go to the grocery store and spend a little dough, why don't you?