Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

677C717079757A140 wrote: Do we have any volunteers for the esteemed panel to score player acquisitions?
Do be associated with you and the distinguished Green Weenie would

indeed be a pleasure. You can count me in
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

We can't spend like thje Yankees and Red Sox! Now we can't soend like the Brewers and the Reds. There is no way a FA would sign to play in Pittsburgh and if they did it would make us into a World Series contender. So, I guess there is no way to improve the worst team in all of baseball. We just have to sit tight and wait until the year 2032.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

2B303D3C353936580 wrote: Do we have any volunteers for the esteemed panel to score player acquisitions?
I am sure we will not have much to do as far as the bucs are concerned
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

38232E2F262A254B0 wrote: We can't spend like thje Yankees and Red Sox! Now we can't soend like the Brewers and the Reds.  There is no way a FA would sign to play in Pittsburgh and if they did it would make us into a World Series contender.  So, I guess there is no way to improve the worst team in all of baseball.  We just have to sit tight and wait until the year 2032.

Shed, Shed, Shed. ::) It's not that we "can't" spend like the Brewers and Reds, it's that we "won't" spend like the Brewers and Reds. That's because Nutting sees no difference between the Yankees and Red Sox and the Brewers and Reds. They all spend too much. They all do it wrong. He's the only one running a baseball franchise the right way, and he's not changing for any reason. So 2032 sounds about right, with a whole lot of luck.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

That's not The Reason, either.

BOB, as we all should realize by now, would much rather deposit his take into First of Wheeling, cha-CHING!
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

The current count is:

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

_______

Meantime, Cherington is busy laying groundwork for future deals/kicking the can down the road.
skinnyhorse

Off Season Thread

Post by skinnyhorse »

6154434348714343484F43260 wrote: There sure is a lot of can kicking going on here.

What do you suggest? Are there any particular free agents you are looking at?
_________

There are many many FA available that could help this team.  After all, we are the worst team in all of baseball.  But just to select a few:

C - Realmuto, McCann

1B - C.j.Cron

2B - Asdrubal Cabrera

SS - Didi Gregorious

OF - Ozuna, Springer,Puig

P - Bauer, Deslafani,Minor

I admit that we would have to spend a little money like other small market clubs like the Brewers and the Reds.  But I guess that is why they make the playoffs and we go 19-41.

I wonder whether it's fair to compare ourselves with the Reds and Brewers these days.  Whaddaya think?

I'd be all up for another catcher maybe a late in career veteran who could spell Stallings. Also need another outfielder, should be able to trade Bell for a good young outfielder. We have an abundance of SS, I look for Frazier to be traded and Newman to second with Tucker the every day shortstop. I do not like Gonzales, he is only good as utility player. Obviously we need pitching, pitching, pitching.
Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

can't we just resurrect a thread from 2019, 2018 or 2017?

Lots of moves could be made but they won't be important ones.

Has it been confirmed that Larry Broadway is no longer farm director?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

4B505D5C555956380 wrote:

The current count is:

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

_______

Meantime, Cherington is busy laying groundwork for future deals/kicking the can down the road.

I'll go 2.5, but if you need whole numbers, use 3.
SCBucco

Off Season Thread

Post by SCBucco »

213A37363F333C520 wrote: There sure is a lot of can kicking going on here.

What do you suggest? Are there any particular free agents you are looking at?
_________

There are many many FA available that could help this team.  After all, we are the worst team in all of baseball.  But just to select a few:

C - Realmuto, McCann

1B - C.j.Cron

2B - Asdrubal Cabrera

SS - Didi Gregorious

OF - Ozuna, Springer,Puig

P - Bauer, Deslafani,Minor

I admit that we would have to spend a little money like other small market clubs like the Brewers and the Reds.  But I guess that is why they make the playoffs and we go 19-41.

So, basically the list is McCann, Crohn, Cabrera, Puig, Minor and Deslafani.