MLB Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

MLB Draft

Post by Surgnbuck »

I guess I'm one of the winners of the draft poll. I picked Davis back in June.
Bobster21

MLB Draft

Post by Bobster21 »

Rocker still on the board.
Surgnbuck

MLB Draft

Post by Surgnbuck »

bumped the draft poll, because some people think that some of us need to talk up a guy that we've already talked up. Like a long time ago. Not just jumping in a thread to start trolling.

Surgnbuck

MLB Draft

Post by Surgnbuck »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Rocker still on the board.
Kind of funny how that was the only guy being talked about until baseball started being played again at all levels.

GreenWeenie

MLB Draft

Post by GreenWeenie »

However, since multiple reports have indicated the Pirates plan to spread out their bonus pool money, it’s fair to assume their choice of Davis may be tied to a willingness on his part to agree to a bonus south of the $8,415,300 assigned slot value for the first overall pick. Any money saved in signing Davis will allow Pittsburgh to allocate more of its $14,394,000 draft bonus pool to its other picks within the first 10 rounds, theoretically allowing the Pirates to select and then sign any blue chip talents that may have fallen down the draft board due to signability concerns.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/07/ ... -pick.html
Surgnbuck

MLB Draft

Post by Surgnbuck »

Pirates have 3 more years of control over Stallings. Most of the pitchers that will be on the roster in 2-3 years aren't pitching for the Bucs right now.

I really like how this times out. Hopefully, the kid can catch.
GreenWeenie

MLB Draft

Post by GreenWeenie »

0F222F3E39283F7F7C4D0 wrote: We get Henry Davis, and all THESE two guys care about is some announcer I've never heard of until now.   :)))))))))

NWWL
Hey, I would have said the same thing if Henry Davis had been wearing that make-up.

:))

By the way.   Just asking out of curiosity.  Where are you at this given moment?  ;)))))
Just outside of Baltimore. In my basement. In a chair. :)

Having an ice cold Natty Bo? ;)
Bobster21

MLB Draft

Post by Bobster21 »

0F3A2D2D261F2D2D26212D480 wrote: We get Henry Davis, and all THESE two guys care about is some announcer I've never heard of until now.   :)))))))))

NWWL
Hey, I would have said the same thing if Henry Davis had been wearing that make-up.

By the way.   Just asking out of curiosity.  Where are you at this given moment?  ;)))))

Nah, I'm gonna class it up and have a Disaronno Ammeretta.
Bobster21

MLB Draft

Post by Bobster21 »

032E23323524337370410 wrote: We get Henry Davis, and all THESE two guys care about is some announcer I've never heard of until now.   :)))))))))

NWWL

Nah, I'm gonna class it up and have a Disaronno Ammeretta.
My local beer of choice is Loose Cannon, an IPA from the Heavy Seas brewery 5 minutes from my house. We also have a Guinness Blonde brewery in the area.
Bobster21

MLB Draft

Post by Bobster21 »

Sounds like they were bleeping out all the bad things Cherington was saying about Shedman. Man, no love lost between those two.