Official Game Thread 7/20/2021 Bucs vs. Snakes

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I want to congratulate Gregory Polanco on his HR last night. (An aside to the D'backs GM, have you noticed just how good that guy is? And he just may be available.)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

144254404F55454E435466414B474F4A0845260 wrote: I want to congratulate Gregory Polanco on his HR last night.  (An aside to the D'backs GM, have you noticed just how good that guy is?  And he just may be available.)
Polanco is a career .319 hitter vs AZ and a .295 hitter at Chase Field. The AZ announcers were talking about how Polanco always hits well against them. Maybe if we throw in Tom, most of our pitchers and Shelton, the Dbacks would give us a coupon for $2 off at Red Lobster in exchange.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

3027312164626563656B520 wrote: As of today the Pirates would draft #5.  There is no way that helps this organization. 

I LOVE the Buccos.  As painful as it is, I’ll be rooting for a sweep tomorrow. 

Do you really believe drafting at #1 would make any difference at all?????

This years draft shows just how important 1-1 is: the extra slot money is a HUGE difference maker.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

755855444352450506370 wrote: I want to congratulate Gregory Polanco on his HR last night.  (An aside to the D'backs GM, have you noticed just how good that guy is?  And he just may be available.)
Polanco is a career .319 hitter vs AZ and a .295 hitter at Chase Field. The AZ announcers were talking about how Polanco always hits well against them. Maybe if we throw in Tom, most of our pitchers and Shelton, the Dbacks would give us a coupon for $2 off at Red Lobster in exchange. 

Throwing in Shelton would be a deal breaker. But if there's a Red Lobster in Wheeling, Nutting just might agree to exclude him from the trade.
rucker59@gmail.com

And to be clear - I’m specifically talking about the Pirates currently sitting in the 5th position. Comparing the Pirates and the O’s (who drafted 5th) there is somewhere between $2.5 and $3 million dollar difference (without factoring in supplemental draft slots).

Plus there are several teams chasing the Pirates. Drafting 7th or 8th is a real possibility.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4D786F6F645D6F6F64636F0A0 wrote: What?
Do you not remember stating that you could not root for a team to lose to enhance their chances of getting a #1 pick?
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: On June 9, Holmes had a very nice ERA of 2.63 with just 9 walks in 27.1 innings. Since that time he has pitched 13 innings and given up 13 hits, 15 ERs and 16 walks for an ERA of 10.38. He was ineffective in prior years and after early success this season, he is worse than ever. He's also 28 and not looking like a part of the team's future. And when you have a manager pulling a starter after 77 pitches, you win or lose with guys like Austin Davis or Holmes. 
Holmes didn't get any help from Diffo.  He muffed two ground balls one he just missed and the other he jacked around and didn't throw the ball quickly and the runner beat out the throw.  Clearly both of these plays could have been made and either would have gotten him out of the inning without him being scored on.  Diffo is no shortstop.  I can't believe we don't have a backup SS.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5F61646C7F67676C4C697E6D3A080 wrote: What?
Do you not remember stating that you could not root for a team to lose to enhance their chances of getting a #1 pick?

I've never hoped that a team would lose in my life. I've hoped that certain teams win. It doesn't matter what the reasons were.

I agree with Mike Greenberg's idea. The World Champiom deserves the reward of the top pick. That would end what BOB's been doing. More teams would try to win, or get out.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6E5B4C4C477E4C4C47404C290 wrote: What?

I've never hoped that a team would lose in my life.  I've hoped that certain teams win.  It doesn't matter what the reasons were.

I agree with Mike Greenberg's idea.  The World Champiom deserves the reward of the top pick.  That would end what BOB's been doing.  More teams would try to win, or get out.

Mike Greenberg, the ESPN guy? Of course that a-hole would say that, he's one of those people that believe that New York is the end all be all of everything, LA is just fine because it's 3,000 miles away, and Chicago is tolerated because it's in the middle. The rest of the sporting world be damned.

Of course he'd say that. He thinks big market teams are the only ones that should exist.

WTF does that prick know anyhow, he's a jets fan, and worships a fake fireman.
rucker59@gmail.com

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: What?

I've never hoped that a team would lose in my life.  I've hoped that certain teams win.  It doesn't matter what the reasons were.

I agree with Mike Greenberg's idea.  The World Champiom deserves the reward of the top pick.  That would end what BOB's been doing.  More teams would try to win, or get out.

Mike Greenberg, the ESPN guy? Of course that a-hole would say that, he's one of those people that believe that New York is the end all be all of everything, LA is just fine because it's 3,000 miles away, and Chicago is tolerated because it's in the middle. The rest of the sporting world be damned.

Of course he'd say that. He thinks big market teams are the only ones that should exist.

WTF does that prick know anyhow, he's a jets fan, and worships a fake fireman.

If Greenberg actually said that, he is both an idiot AND nothing but a homer.