Game Day Thread 5/25/2022 Rockies vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Chill. Relax. If you've ever read any thread re Hayes where someone has criticized his performance- even to the point where someone labeled him as a bust- you will see that I've defended him. I wrote essentially what you did here, that he's a .280 hitter.

So, go on.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

083D2A2A21182A2A21262A4F0 wrote: Chill.  Relax.  If you've ever read any thread re Hayes where someone has criticized his performance- even to the point where someone labeled him as a bust- you will see that I've defended him.  I wrote essentially what you did here, that he's a .280 hitter.

I believe the person I addressed mentioned another player who was struggling. 

So, go on.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wanted to listen to Greg Brown's HR calls, so pulled up the radio side on mlb tv.

It was interesting to note for as much as he and Walk don't seem to pay much attention to the game, they were the only announcers to question the bullpen strategy of the Rockies, putting the the righty for the lefty that was out there, with 2 lefties coming up who haven't hit over .100 against them, and a switch hitter who hits worse from the right side.

Kudos to them for bringing something to the game call.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5E6B7C7C774E7C7C77707C190 wrote: Chill.  Relax.  If you've ever read any thread re Hayes where someone has criticized his performance- even to the point where someone labeled him as a bust- you will see that I've defended him.  I wrote essentially what you did here, that he's a .280 hitter.

So, go on.
I am chill. I am relaxed. You're upset. Simply saying, "You're right, I'm wrong, you're smart, I'm not as smart as you, you're good looking, I'm marginally appealing to mannequins" will go a long way.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I'm upset now? News to me.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

44626570797562747C170 wrote: I wanted to listen to Greg Brown's HR calls, so pulled up the radio side on mlb tv.

It was interesting to note for as much as he and Walk don't seem to pay much attention to the game, they were the only announcers to question the bullpen strategy of the Rockies, putting the the righty for the lefty that was out there, with 2 lefties coming up who haven't hit over .100 against them, and a switch hitter who hits worse from the right side.

I think Brown and Walk pay attention to the game. But they just work too much other stuff into the broadcast attempting to be funny and having the camera on them instead of on the game. I've always thought Brown was very good at calling PBP and Walk is a good analyst. But over the past few years they've decided to become entertainers as well as calling the game. I'm not surprised they discussed the pitching strategy. I just wish they would do more of that and less yucking it up or talking about food or each other or other people they know.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

705D50414657400003320 wrote: I wanted to listen to Greg Brown's HR calls, so pulled up the radio side on mlb tv.

I think Brown and Walk pay attention to the game. But they just work too much other stuff into the broadcast attempting to be funny and having the camera on them instead of on the game. I've always thought Brown was very good at calling PBP and Walk is a good analyst. But over the past few years they've decided to become entertainers as well as calling the game. I'm not surprised they discussed the pitching strategy. I just wish they would do more of that and less yucking it up or talking about food or each other or other people they know.

Brown and Walk are awesome. I also really like Neil Walker.

I don’t mind some of the antics that they do. The Pirates have been so putrid for most of the last 30 years; that the entertainment value is coming from the booth not the field! Quite frankly not even a Vin Scully could keep Pittsburgh fans interested in the Pirates when their season is typically over before July 4th.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

53767575604B767E7C6B190 wrote: I wanted to listen to Greg Brown's HR calls, so pulled up the radio side on mlb tv.

Brown and Walk are awesome. I also really like Neil Walker.

I don’t mind some of the antics that they do. The Pirates have been so putrid for most of the last 30 years; that the entertainment value is coming from the booth not the field! Quite frankly not even a Vin Scully could keep Pittsburgh fans interested in the Pirates when their season is typically over before July 4th.
I really like Walker as well