Official 2022 Pirates Owner/Front Office Bitching Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Hogwash.  Can't say that strongly enough.  Nonsense.  Sell that to somebody else.

How many times have you and I read- on this message board alone- "Play The Kids"?

This is what we get when we play the kids.

All the crowing about drafting and developing.

Guys like me being criticized for "Not giving them a chance."

Tunes are changing now.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A3F2828231A28282324284D0 wrote: Hogwash.  Can't say that strongly enough.  Nonsense.  Sell that to somebody else.

How many times have you and I read- on this message board alone- "Play The Kids"?

This is what we get when we play the kids.

All the crowing about drafting and developing.

Guys like me being criticized for "Not giving them a chance."

Tunes are changing now.
Of course they should play the kids. That's, the course they are on. We don't know if it will work or not unless they play the kids. Your issue seems to be that it is wrong to attempt a rebuild, which only leaves the method of Nutting spending a lot of money on free agents or trading for productive players with huge contracts. That would be great in a fairy tale world where Nutting is not Nutting. So all we are left with is the hope that the rebuild--which they are currently embarked upon--will work better than an alternative universe idea that Nutting will open the checkbook and pigs will fly. Now that's hogwash! And I can't say it strongly enough.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Of course, they should get guys who are bonafide, legitimate, authentic MLB players. Then, we might win some games.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Watching the Pirates Hall of Fame ceremonies this morning had me thinking of all the baseball fans around the country who are under 30 years of age. How many of them were smirking, or even laughing, at the idea of the Pirates having players who were Hall of Fame material? What they've seen in their lifetime has been an organization that's been mostly pathetic, top to bottom, in every way.

The men inducted yesterday deserve better from those who are unfamiliar with the greatness this organization was prior to 1992. There were certainly bad periods in Pirates history before that, but there were also five championships and some of the greatest teams in the game's history. However, for younger people today, who don't know the past, they only know a franchise that's been the opposite.

We need lots of change from lots of places.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

085E485C534959525F487A5D575B535614593A0 wrote: Watching the Pirates Hall of Fame ceremonies this morning had me thinking of all the baseball fans around the country who are under 30 years of age.  How many of them were smirking, or even laughing, at the idea of the Pirates having players who were Hall of Fame material?  What they've seen in their lifetime has been an organization that's been mostly pathetic, top to bottom, in every way.

The men inducted yesterday deserve better from those who are unfamiliar with the greatness this organization was prior to 1992.  There were certainly bad periods in Pirates history before that, but there were also five championships and some of the greatest teams in the game's history.  However, for younger people today, who don't know the past, they only know a franchise that's been the opposite.

Glad The Cobra got in. Not sure about this but I think he was involved in the drug trade or at least there were rumors. I always thought the guy should have made it and wonder if any off field activities hindered that in the past?????
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6E796F7F3A3C3B3D3B350C0 wrote: Watching the Pirates Hall of Fame ceremonies this morning had me thinking of all the baseball fans around the country who are under 30 years of age.  How many of them were smirking, or even laughing, at the idea of the Pirates having players who were Hall of Fame material?  What they've seen in their lifetime has been an organization that's been mostly pathetic, top to bottom, in every way.

The men inducted yesterday deserve better from those who are unfamiliar with the greatness this organization was prior to 1992.  There were certainly bad periods in Pirates history before that, but there were also five championships and some of the greatest teams in the game's history.  However, for younger people today, who don't know the past, they only know a franchise that's been the opposite.

Glad The Cobra got in. Not sure about this but I think he was involved in the drug trade or at least there were rumors. I always thought the guy should have made it and wonder if any off field activities hindered that in the past?????
There is no doubt
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

194F594D425848434E596B4C464A424705482B0 wrote: Watching the Pirates Hall of Fame ceremonies this morning had me thinking of all the baseball fans around the country who are under 30 years of age.  How many of them were smirking, or even laughing, at the idea of the Pirates having players who were Hall of Fame material?  What they've seen in their lifetime has been an organization that's been mostly pathetic, top to bottom, in every way.

We only need one major change besides firing Shelton.

SELL SELL SELL
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

It was good to see the creation of the Pirates HOF and to see Dave Parker back in Pittsburgh. Parker was a hell of a ballplayer and did honor to Pittsburgh by having another all-star in RF after Clemente.

In watching portions of the ceremony, I found it really sad that all too many of the fans in the stadium could have given a rats ass regarding the induction of so many Pirate greats. No, I am not dissing the Pirate fans in attendance, I am commenting on how many of the prime seats were occupied by Blue Jay fans who have no connection to Pittsburgh. Toronto is only 320 miles or so from Pittsburgh, a reasonable drive, so I do not begrudge their fans from coming to Pittsburgh and cheering on their team that is in play-off contention.

What is sad (anger may be a better word) is that Nutting made money off of the many Blue Jay fans, and that the Pirate team on the field looks so far away from potential play-off contention (or even winning baseball) that I'm not sure I will ever experience such again.

The Pirate team on the field has often been pathetic, but Nutting has benefited from the Bucs having a number of home games against other teams in the general area who are having a good or decent season. When the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Mets, Orioles, and now the Jays have been in Pittsburgh, their fans came to PNC, and they cheered for their team. Even though their teams are out of contention, the Cubs and Reds also brought out some fans to Pittsburgh.

There is a lot wrong with the Pirates, but Nutting as the owner is so bad that we may need to start looking at Kevin McCarthy as being the good old days, which is another really sad comment.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

McClatchy's teams never had a winning season.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I am all too aware that McClatchy's teams never had a winning season.

Guess I should have made more of a sarcastic reference to my last couple of words about that being another sad comment.