Bryan Reynolds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

7654435C505F655E465F42595841310 wrote: Wonder why the Pirates have not announced to the media and us, the amount of money and the number of years they  have offered him. With all the talk about him being traded soon, I feel that it would be a big mistake to do so. Remember, he is under team control for three years. With all of the comments from Cherrington about him improving the team for next year, how exactly would trading him improve the team next season? Realistically, if Reynolds wants to increase his contract demands, have him prove it this season. Is Boras his agent? If so, this may be the agent speaking. What fans are left that attend games, will decrease if he’s traded for prospects. Hard to believe that with the recent free agent signings, I am optimistic about next year’s team. Plus, with the shift being eliminated, it should increase batting averages.

They're not doing it with Reynolds for the reason that they didn't do it with previous players.

Not only would it alienate a guy they might want to to keep, but it would alienate teammates and future players.

That wouldn't be good for most teams.

Bobster21

Bryan Reynolds

Post by Bobster21 »

https://www.bucsdugout.com/2023/1/6/235 ... s-mariners

Heyman reported the Pirates’ offer was for six years and over $75 million, not including any team options in the proposal.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

282A303620450 wrote: My guess as to why they might not do that? The arb generated salary might be higher than the highest amount they've ever offered on a long-term contract.

Very possible.

Reynolds won't be the last, either whom we wonder about, sadly. He's just the guinea pig.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bryan Reynolds

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

163B36272031266665540 wrote: https://www.bucsdugout.com/2023/1/6/235 ... s-mariners

Heyman reported the Pirates’ offer was for six years and over $75 million, not including any team options in the proposal.

If that’s the club’s best offer then Reynolds would be a sap to take it. He’s as good as gone.
maher.timothy20@gm

Bryan Reynolds

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I'll go on record as saying that I think they will re-sign him. They gave him a shitty offer, he got pissed, but now everybody's cooling off and saying nothing.

GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

You can kiss him goodbye!
fjk090852-7

Bryan Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5559505D4A164C5155574C50410A08785F55380 wrote: I'll go on record as saying that I think they will re-sign him. They gave him a shitty offer, he got pissed, but now everybody's cooling off and saying nothing.

I am anxious to hear what Reynolds has to say once he reports to ST later next week. I don’t think he will be a negative influence in the clubhouse.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bryan Reynolds

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

474B4A1118111914130C16210 wrote: I'll go on record as saying that I think they will re-sign him. They gave him a shitty offer, he got pissed, but now everybody's cooling off and saying nothing.

I am anxious to hear what Reynolds has to say once he reports to ST later next week. I don’t think he will be a negative influence in the clubhouse.

I would guess that he’ll decline to answer any questions about any discussions he and his agent have had with the club. I think he’s going to let his play do his talking. I’m expecting him to have a really good year so the team is forced to trade him sooner than later.
GreenWeenie

Bryan Reynolds

Post by GreenWeenie »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: I'll go on record as saying that I think they will re-sign him. They gave him a shitty offer, he got pissed, but now everybody's cooling off and saying nothing.

I would guess that he’ll decline to answer any questions about any discussions he and his agent have had with the club.  I think he’s going to let his play do his talking.  I’m expecting him to have a really good year so the team is forced to trade him sooner than later.

I agree.  I don't recall Cole saying much  If he did, I don't recall.  Other guys- McCutchen, Russell Wilson, Walker, etc. pretty much said the right things.  So did the people on the other side of the tables.  Both sides have people writing their scripts. That is, if they say anything at all.

Everybody wants to stay.  Everybody wants to keep them.  Until they change their minds.

Next thing you know- with Cole and McCutchen- a press conference announcing one trade, and another the following day. 
fjk090852-7

Bryan Reynolds

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Reynolds is in camp, and met with the media. To me it sounds like he is still interested in an extension that is fair to both sides. I would think there is a happy medium for both sides to agree on. We all know Nutting is cheap, and we hope he would sell the team, but there comes a time if you are in this business you must pay your better players an amount that is comparable to other players of his caliber. I understand the Pirates cannot pay one player $40 million dollars per season like the Mets, or Yankees, but it appears Reynolds is not requesting that type of contract. Maybe $115 over 6 years would get a deal done who knows! If you cannot or will not pay, then get out of the business, and sell to a party who is willing to do that.