Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa.

With the win over Wake Forest, it looks like Clemson might be in the thick of things for the Atlantic Division crown and a spot in the ACC Playoff game.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

18393118333B5C0 wrote: Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa. 

With the win over Wake Forest, it looks like Clemson might be in the thick of things for the Atlantic Division crown and a spot in the ACC Playoff game. 
Exciting game to the end. Hail To Pitt. Got the Coastal, now lets get the ACC Title. Panthers now 9-2
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

350B0E06150D0D062603140750620 wrote: Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa. 

Exciting game to the end. Hail To Pitt. Got the Coastal, now lets get the ACC Title. Panthers now 9-2

We have to get past the Orange next weekend for any division title, conference title to mean anything. If they win out I will be interested what bowl they will get.
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

It won't be the top three, but I would expect the level right below that.  You agree?  Winning the ACC should carry its share of weight.

I'm more interested to see who they'd be matched against.  Surely, it would be a Top 10 team.

I believe in first things first.  We know enough about Pitt sports to know better than to look beyond the immediate task at hand.  All that matters is Syracuse until that changes.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

406169406B63040 wrote: Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa. 

We have to get past the Orange next weekend for any division title, conference title to mean anything.  If they win out I will be interested what bowl they will get.

As for next week is concerned, the Syacuse game doesn't mean a thing except for rankings. They have already clinched the Coastal Division
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

033D3830233B3B301035223166540 wrote: Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa. 

We have to get past the Orange next weekend for any division title, conference title to mean anything.  If they win out I will be interested what bowl they will get.

As for next week is concerned, the Syacuse game doesn't mean a thing except for rankings. They have already clinched the Coastal Division
Pitt will not know its opponent for the ACC Championship Game until next Saturday.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

76575F765D55320 wrote: Wow, Pitt coming back and Pickett is going nuts with 2 TD passes to Addison and a 14-7 over UVa. 

Pitt defeats Syracuse 31-14 for their 10th win of

the season. Their last ten win season was 1981. Will play Wake Forest for the ACC Championship Dec. 3rd. Hail To Pitt
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

All right, all right, all right! We're in the Top 15 in the Playoff rankings, which I had hoped for.

Now, I'll bellache. I fully realize the effect of the WMU loss. I get it. But, to be the eighth-highest ranked of the schools that have two losses doesn't strike me as being right. Only Wake Forest is lower.

I see a couple that I'd put our record as close to equal to. Some may have had losses against better teams than WMU, but they were pretty wide margins in some cases. (Prefer not to fingerpoint.)

Still, 15th is pretty darned good. Not doing any chicken counting by any means, but hopeful to inch up.
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Big Game tonight for the ACC Championship and possibly a trip to a New Years Six bowl.

Hail to Pitt! Let's go Panthers.
Surgnbuck

Pitt Football

Post by Surgnbuck »

HTTP!