An idea for the fifth starter

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Well surprise surprise. Hutchison is in AAA. The right and obvious decision was made. I didn't know he had options. I specifically remember them saying on the fan he did not. So be it.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

535A52434D370 wrote: Well surprise surprise.   Hutchison is in AAA.  The right and obvious decision was made.   I didn't know he had options.  I specifically remember them saying on the fan he did not.   So be it. 

Hutchinson should never have been acquired. He is nothing more than a AAA pitcher. If he pitched for another team instead of Toronto two years ago, no way he goes 14-3. Trade Frankie and two top prospects for a non factor and really make no effort using that money. Such a downer.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

7B6B6A5D4B4B47280 wrote: Well surprise surprise.   Hutchison is in AAA.  The right and obvious decision was made.   I didn't know he had options.  I specifically remember them saying on the fan he did not.   So be it. 

Hutchinson should never have been acquired.  He is nothing more than a AAA pitcher.  If he pitched for another team instead of Toronto two years ago, no way he goes 14-3.  Trade Frankie and two top prospects for a non factor and really make no effort using that money.  Such a downer.

We are one very likely DL stint away from Chad Kuhl being our 3rd best starter.  Nothing against him, he should be a 5 and not a 4, as many have pointed out over the months.     We are short a left handed starting pitcher named Liriano and we are short for nuttings wallet and no other reason.

But nothing anyone can do about it.  Hope for the best. And hope the FO doesn't get fleeced again, when it comes time to trade Cutch this deadline.

He MUST return good, ready talent.  Cannot miss this upcoming trade.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6D646C7D73090 wrote: Well surprise surprise.   Hutchison is in AAA.  The right and obvious decision was made.   I didn't know he had options.  I specifically remember them saying on the fan he did not.   So be it. 

Hutchinson should never have been acquired.  He is nothing more than a AAA pitcher.  If he pitched for another team instead of Toronto two years ago, no way he goes 14-3.  Trade Frankie and two top prospects for a non factor and really make no effort using that money.  Such a downer.

We are one very likely DL stint away from Chad Kuhl being our 3rd best starter.  Nothing against him, he should be a 5 and not a 4, as many have pointed out over the months.     We are short a left handed starting pitcher named Liriano and we are short for nuttings wallet and no other reason.

But nothing anyone can do about it.  Hope for the best. And hope the FO doesn't get fleeced again, when it comes time to trade Cutch this deadline.

He MUST return good, ready talent.  Cannot miss this upcoming trade.

And that is exactly why this offseason was a complete failure. Didn't do a thing to strengthen the rotation. We have a solid three, especially if Nova is Nova at the end of last year. However, manjor questions to me at 4 and 5. Still not sold on Kuhl as a 4. He is a 5.