Spring Training Baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

ScottinMass

Spring Training Baseball

Post by ScottinMass »

0E3C30302416353C31343B3C5D0 wrote: Austin Meadows hitting one out today.
Another for Osuna as well. No doubter, deep to left.
ScottinMass

Spring Training Baseball

Post by ScottinMass »

Glasnow struggling again today...
steve49

Spring Training Baseball

Post by steve49 »

51616D76766B6C4F637171020 wrote: Glasnow struggling again today...

yeah .. read some tweet where he gave up 5 hits and walked 4 in 2 1/3. For what it's worth said all 5 hits were on the ground. Last I looked they counted ?
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, whether he has "nothing else to show in AAA" or not we don't need that on a major league team that hopes to be in a race.
johnfluharty

Spring Training Baseball

Post by johnfluharty »

New mechanics, new changeup.... He's bound to struggle some.
SammyKhalifa

Spring Training Baseball

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, if we can get consistency for later on, it'll be worth it even if there's a little more wait.
JollyRoger

Spring Training Baseball

Post by JollyRoger »

Not a good day for Glasnow. I was hoping his first spring appearance when he dominated was a precursor of things to come; but he has been lit up and inconsistent in his last two appearances. Meanwhile Brault and Kuhn have been very good.

If the Bucs were starting the season today; Kuhn and Brault would have to be your 4 & 5. Special merit to Holmes who has looked great.

Must have been weird today to see Marte & Polanco going 5 for 6 against the Bucs!
fjk090852-7

Spring Training Baseball

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just a guess,but this outing today by Glasnow puts him behind Brault, Williams and Hutchison for the fifth starting pitcher spot. I am sure he will make a few more appearances before he gets sent down, and hopefully those will be impressive. We will need Glasnow before this season ends.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Spring Training Baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

616D6C373E373F32352A30070 wrote: Just a guess,but this outing today by Glasnow puts him behind Brault, Williams and Hutchison for the fifth starting pitcher spot. I am sure he will make a few more appearances before he gets sent down, and hopefully those will be impressive. We will need Glasnow before this season ends.

I think the Pirates always had him behind those guys. I could be wrong, but I think he was a long shot to make the rotation out of spring training.
IABucFan

Spring Training Baseball

Post by IABucFan »

Well, Glasnow got shelled, but in good news for the day, Cole threw three scoreless against more or less an All-Star team.

Marte, Rojas, and Polanco went a combined 6 for 8.  And, the Pirates held their own for five innings against arguably the best team in the world without Marte, Polanco (playing for their opponents on the day), McCutchen, Kang, Harrison, and Cervelli.

I saw Polanco doubled off of Cole. I'm sure Cole was probably told, "Whatever you do...DON'T HIT MARTE OR POLANCO!" I mean, if he drilled Machado...NBD...but not either of our guys! ;D