5/18/2017 vs Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by DemDog »

6760767E7067202C557278747C793B767A78150 wrote: Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year.  Tallion hopefully returning soon.  Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward.  If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3. 

Something there to work with 2018 and beyond.  Gotta manage this team very smart and the future could be bright.

did Bob Nutting hack Vapirate's account? 

Would be nice to have a lot of things go right for awhile.

Donald Trump - "I'd like to see all my haters negotiate with Putin, they couldn't even make it in junior achievement in High school..."

John Jaso - "I'd like to see all my haters take a cut against Strausburg, they couldn't even play JV...."

Bob Nutting - "I'd like to see all my haters turn the Pittsburgh Pirates into a Billion Dollars, they couldn't even maintain a paper route as a kid..."

VaPirate - poor sap who lost his paper route, booted out of JA and was cut from the JV team, but can still recognize a cow pile in the field of life when he sees one....

:D

:)

;)

Thanks for the laugh this Friday morning. Makes my back hurt less today!
rucker59@gmail.com

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4B6A624B60680F0 wrote: Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year.  Tallion hopefully returning soon.  Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward.  If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3. 

Something there to work with 2018 and beyond.  Gotta manage this team very smart and the future could be bright.

Donald Trump - "I'd like to see all my haters negotiate with Putin, they couldn't even make it in junior achievement in High school..."

John Jaso - "I'd like to see all my haters take a cut against Strausburg, they couldn't even play JV...."

Bob Nutting - "I'd like to see all my haters turn the Pittsburgh Pirates into a Billion Dollars, they couldn't even maintain a paper route as a kid..."

VaPirate - poor sap who lost his paper route, booted out of JA and was cut from the JV team, but can still recognize a cow pile in the field of life when he sees one....

;)

Thanks for the laugh this Friday morning.  Makes my back hurt less today! 

And Nutting didn't hack me - I do see some really good stuff.  I just don't want to fall back into having any expectations that Neal can really do anything of signifance to reload (a nicer term then "rebuild").  I've already stepped knee deep into that one.

DemDog

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by DemDog »

3433252D2334737F06212B272F2A6825292B460 wrote: Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year.  Tallion hopefully returning soon.  Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward.  If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3. 

;)

Thanks for the laugh this Friday morning.  Makes my back hurt less today! 

And Nutting didn't hack me - I do see some really good stuff.  I just don't want to fall back into having any expectations that Neal can really do anything of signifance to reload (a nicer term then "rebuild").  I've already stepped knee deep into that one.

Thankfully you are wearing your kevlar lined wadders! 8-)
SammyKhalifa

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Too bad Cheap Nuttings didn't put Josh Bell in as one portion of a trade for Jose Quintana when they had a chance. :'(
rucker59@gmail.com

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Too bad Cheap Nuttings didn't put Josh Bell in as one portion of a trade for Jose Quintana when they had a chance.   :'(

You raise a point the makes all of this so difficult: a trade for Quintana looked like a perfect deal for THIS team (I never wanted Bell included); but the Pirates CAN"T make any mistakes. They just can't. So the temptation is probably to do nothing.

I was thinking about this with Harrison. It's a small potato contract for just about every team not named the Pirates, but last year many we're acting like the team was saddled with some crippling deal. It never was and with the start he's had in 2017 no one mentions the contract anymore.

Any team needs to be able to carry some bad contracts. Every contract the Pirates sign carries this sense of impending doom if the player happens to under preforms even though the Pirates are pretty much counting on players over preforming.

The contracts are going to go both ways - they get a lot of value from most of their contracts. Gotta accept that sometimes they won't work out.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I brought this up before. Huntington doesn't get the credit for the deals he didn't make.

Two recent examples:

Quintana is struggling this year.

Giolito is struggling in the minors.
johnfluharty

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by johnfluharty »

He deserves a TON of credit for somehow managing to flip Mark Melancon for both Felipe Rivero and Taylor Hearn. I wouldn't take 6 Melancon's for Rivero by himself right now.