Arizona game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Arizona game

Post by SCBucco »

01263733362B14203736362B520 wrote:

This is why I feel so left down. We were told that the plan was in place and the moves to bolster the roster would be made when the time was right. It was right in 2016. This management team in getting what they deserve. Sorry, I love this team but I'm sick and tired of the BS. The team they have assembled sucks. Plan and simple. The fast start to the season is the only thing keeping them from losing 100 games. Get ready for another long stretch of this. Ownership will now say the fans aren't supporting them so payroll won't increase or worse yet get decreased again. Its always going to be this vicious cycle until we have a real owner.

The 2016 team lost because McCutchen, Cole, Liriano, Locke and Harrison didn't show up.  They had awful years.  Awful.  Polanco had a better year than McCutchen.  Rodriguez had a better year than Harrison.  Cervelli was bad and injured and they had four back up catchers playing too much.  many experts in general and on this board thought Harrison was better than Walker.  No one wanted Alvarez back.  That's why they lost.

They all didn’t have good years the guys you mentioned but the management on the team still failed to go out and improve a team that won 98 games the year before. They relied on garbage like Locke,Niese, and Vogelsong to fill out their rotation, and then signed John Jaso who sucks to be their everyday first baseman. So while your right Dog the stars on the team had terrible years, the management still went out and did absolutely nothing in free agency to improve the team after they won 98 games a year before. Relying on guys like Locke, Niese, and Vogelsong to stabilize your rotation from 3-5, and signing garbage like John Jaso is not what a organization that truly wants to win would do.

Dog is all in for the built in excuses and rarely criticizes management/ownership. You are 100% right that management failed to bring in any new blood for 2016 following a significant 2015. 98-win team ... with lots of momentum. That was an utter fail.
Wrathchild

Arizona game

Post by Wrathchild »

313830212F550 wrote: I gotta disagree about the above average part when it comes to the rotation.   We've got a couple of starters with ERA's under 4.00 right now.  Granted not much, but that's an above average starter.   

Wrathchild mentioned this is another thread a while back, but I'll double up on his point.  Our team defense is just atrocious and I believe these ERA's to even be somewhat bloated because of it.   

So even moving to FIP, we've got Taillon at 3.6, Kingham down there with him in 6 starts and Musgrove with them in 4 starts. 

We don't have any starters getting bombed.  The rest  all right around 4.00 ERA FIP.

Our rotation is better than its given credit for, in my opinion.   With a competent defense behind it, I do believe it would be above average overall.

We're 11th in the NL in team ERA and take a look at some of the UGLY numbers in our bullpen?  Just killing the team ERA now.   Our starters are 10th at 4.13.  Only 0.015 away from 8th while the 12th best team is half a run more than us from their rotation. 

Thanks for the shout-out. That thread didn’t get much traction but maybe this point will be discussed more after tonight’s first inning. Holy crap.

I agree that we have some guys pitching pretty well and often better than their ERAs indicate. The deficit between team ERA and FIP has only become larger since I mentioned it a week or so ago.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Arizona game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Excuses or facts?

Is the rotation not young? You still haven't answered that question. You call me out all the time and never answer any questions. You think facts are excuses.

(The admin doesn't care what you do on this board either always baiting and calling me out)