Let the rumor mill begin

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SCBucco »

0C262D1D2A3C3C305F0 wrote: Chevis?  You mean the guy who is suspended for 80 games for doping?  Uh...pass.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the suspension. Still think the Bosox are a good trading partner, and wouldn't rule out  Chavis despite the suspension. Marte has been welcomed back. Cervelli was also suspended,  if I recall correctly. I want an explanation from Chavis.

America is a very forgiving country toward the professional athletes, unless your name is Carruth or Simpson.  That said, I pass on Chavis.  I don't see Boston as much of a partner.  People bring up Vazquez.  They don't need him.  They have Kimbrell.  No other player that NH would consider trading brings back a high end prospect.

Maybe I should have read your two ideas first on who to Boston. Harrison's stock has dropped int he eyes of many. His saving grace is Versatility. Nova? Like I said earlier, I'd call the Yanks and offer Nova for Simon Gray. Nova isn't worth a prime prospect in return.
SCBucco

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SCBucco »

012726312737440 wrote: Hard to believe that the Pirates were not in on Machado.   Must have just missed acquiring him by a hair.

That said, it will be interesting to see what the Dodgers surrendered for the best position player that was readily available.
NH wanted the Orioles to include 2 prospects with Machado in excahge for Neverauskus.

that could have worked, maybe Peter Angelos doesn't understand the value of saving salary money.

We can laugh at this ... what a horrid deal for Baltimore. They essentially got one decent prospect and all the others suck. This is on Angelos, They could have gotten much more trading him in the offseason. Baltimore has issues with ownership and so do we. I'm sure if we had Machado, NH would have blown this in similar fashion.
fjk090852-7

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by fjk090852-7 »

This does not appear to be a great deal for the Orioles. I am sure the Pirate Nation would be upset for this return if they had just traded Machado.
Ecbucs

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by Ecbucs »

343839626B626A67607F65520 wrote: This does not appear to be a great deal for the Orioles. I am sure the Pirate Nation would be upset for this return if they had just traded Machado.

I looked up the key player from the Dodgers, Diaz, he has a 905 ops in AA. He is on same team as Conner Joe who has a 979 ops. Joe is 4 years older. (Joe might be in AAA now he has played for both AA and AAA this season).
skinnyhorse

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by skinnyhorse »

7F555E6E594F4F432C0 wrote: I would like to see if the Red Sox would be interested in Josh Harrison and Ivan Nova. I'd like to get Michael Chavis back in trade. He's blocked by Devers at 3B and he bats right-handed, so he could compliment and/or compete with Moran.
:P What about Hayes, Kang, lets just get a bunch of 3rd baseman come on your really NH running out a trial balloon.
OrlandoMerced

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by OrlandoMerced »

That seems like such a light return, and there seems to be an accepted notion that teams won’t trade top prospects for rentals. But how did the Yankees get Torres plus for Chapman a few years ago. I mean, that’s a good thing though, the cubs gutting their system will eventually help the Pirates.
mouse

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by mouse »

Teams will overpay at the deadline. They smell the possibility of the playoffs, their fans are demanding they go for it, and in the end that means overpaying for someone they think might make the difference. An elite closer, if needed by a team, is one of those likely to bring an over-payment.
mouse

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by mouse »

Here's an article from ESPN on the Indians trade for a reliever.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2413 ... -brad-hand
thessy

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by thessy »

0D0F151305600 wrote: Here's an article from ESPN on the Indians trade for a reliever.

The #5 prospect in baseball for a relief pitcher with a career 3.84 ERA? NH needs to call the Indians.
SammyKhalifa

Let the rumor mill begin

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6E727F6969631A0 wrote: Here's an article from ESPN on the Indians trade for a reliever.

The #5 prospect in baseball for a relief pitcher with a career 3.84 ERA?  NH needs to call the Indians.

Yeah, I don't know the Indians are that good that doing something like that makes sense. I hope they prove me wrong and go to the WS though