It Is Time For The Pirates To Add Some Players

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Lecom

Post by Lecom »

607B76777E727D130 wrote: I think that Nutting is using the "Cherington is new here and has to see what he has" excuse to avoid spending any money for another year.  Next year if will some other excuse and the year after that it will still be another excuse.

Well we will have a better feel at the end of March I don't expect much though. It would be nice if Cherington could at least give us an idea of what the organization is thinking.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

41686E62600D0 wrote: I think that Nutting is using the "Cherington is new here and has to see what he has" excuse to avoid spending any money for another year.  Next year if will some other excuse and the year after that it will still be another excuse.

Well we will have a better feel at the end of March I don't expect much though. It would be nice if Cherington could at least give us an idea of what the organization is thinking.

Especially when he mentioned needing to communicate with the fans better.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Four teams lost 103 or more games last year. Tanking will not favor a late adopter.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4F4A4D4B4349504D4457515C250 wrote: I think that Nutting is using the "Cherington is new here and has to see what he has" excuse to avoid spending any money for another year.  Next year if will some other excuse and the year after that it will still be another excuse.

I my opinion since the new regime took over they have not communicated with the fans very well. Also they have done nothing to improve the roster which lost 93 games last season.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

313433353D372E333A292F225B0 wrote: I think that Nutting is using the "Cherington is new here and has to see what he has" excuse to avoid spending any money for another year.  Next year if will some other excuse and the year after that it will still be another excuse.

Maybe we are supposed to have forgotten that statement by now. NH communicated, he just didn't say anything.