Rosters To Be Reduced To 28 Players on Thursday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

243F32333A3639570 wrote: Probably right.  I said the same thing, though.  Moving a guy across the diamond won't make him hit or field any better, and it didn't.

Changing from infielder to outfielder makes little sense to me, but these guys know better.  I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.  I get an uneasy feeling about it.
We don't see what they work on in practice but it would appear they seriously want Tucker to play CF. Considering he's their best SS, they must be comfortable with Newman at SS unless Gonzalez takes the spot from him, which he is being given every opportunity to do. The problem with that plan would be that Tucker has not even shown he can hit, much less play CF. They already have a good field/no hit CFer in Dyson. So unless Tucker can at least hit, there is no use in making him into a competent CFer. 

could be they only hope he can hit better than Dyson and field a little worse.  Seems very strange to me at this point in his career.  Yet in the spring there was no hint of moving O'Neil Cruz off short.

We have enough good field/no hit guys already.  And, that's why we lose.  Guys who hit win games and earn the big bucks.  People argue the opposite all day long, though.  If you're adequate in the field, but move teammates around the bases, your team will win more games in the long run.  By 'adequate,' I mean "acceptable."  That's neither "lousy" nor "perfect."  I have no idea what they're doing with Tucker or the reason for it, other than- he's a LMG.

When one adds this to Cherrington disappearing and BOB doing business as unusual. I can't think of any reason to have higher expectations today than I've had in past seasons. 

Different guys who do the same things, AFAIAC.

______
Tucker is a minor league ball player masquerading in a major league uniform.  There is no way he should be playing over Gonzalez.

Since Tucker has not been hitting it might be worth to send him to Altoona, and bring the Olivia kid up to play centerfield. Let’s see what he can bring to the table.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I've eliminated "bring up'" from my vocabulary.

What BOB needs to do is OPEN up that moth-eaten wallet of his and get MLB players.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

734651515A6351515A5D51340 wrote: I've eliminated "bring up'" from my vocabulary.

What BOB needs to do is OPEN up that moth-eaten wallet of his and get MLB players.

Here is a dramatization of Nutting giving Cherington and Shelton a tour of his vault. The names were changed for legal reasons.

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

BOB's so cheap....he took Jack Benny to McDonald's.

And, stuck him with the tab.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

2925247F767F777A7D62784F0 wrote: Probably right.  I said the same thing, though.  Moving a guy across the diamond won't make him hit or field any better, and it didn't.

Changing from infielder to outfielder makes little sense to me, but these guys know better.  I don't see it, but stranger things have happened.  I get an uneasy feeling about it.
We don't see what they work on in practice but it would appear they seriously want Tucker to play CF. Considering he's their best SS, they must be comfortable with Newman at SS unless Gonzalez takes the spot from him, which he is being given every opportunity to do. The problem with that plan would be that Tucker has not even shown he can hit, much less play CF. They already have a good field/no hit CFer in Dyson. So unless Tucker can at least hit, there is no use in making him into a competent CFer. 

could be they only hope he can hit better than Dyson and field a little worse.  Seems very strange to me at this point in his career.  Yet in the spring there was no hint of moving O'Neil Cruz off short.

We have enough good field/no hit guys already.  And, that's why we lose.  Guys who hit win games and earn the big bucks.  People argue the opposite all day long, though.  If you're adequate in the field, but move teammates around the bases, your team will win more games in the long run.  By 'adequate,' I mean "acceptable."  That's neither "lousy" nor "perfect."  I have no idea what they're doing with Tucker or the reason for it, other than- he's a LMG.

When one adds this to Cherrington disappearing and BOB doing business as unusual. I can't think of any reason to have higher expectations today than I've had in past seasons. 

Different guys who do the same things, AFAIAC.

______
Tucker is a minor league ball player masquerading in a major league uniform.  There is no way he should be playing over Gonzalez.

Since Tucker has not been hitting it might be worth to send him to Altoona, and bring the Olivia kid up to play centerfield. Let’s see what he can bring to the table.

This is a punt season ... you hope Tucker figures it out. Gonzo was hitting well below .200 before the last three games.

So, Oliva just rearranges the deck chairs on the Titanic.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Be honest about things. BOB owns this team. Very few seasons won't be punted away.