2021 Baseball HOF Ballots

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

2021 Baseball HOF Ballots

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

436E63727564733330010 wrote: And Ken Griffey, Jr. He could have recovered from injuries a lot more quickly under steroids. I don't respect any of those inflated records.

those records show how bad MLB was at drug enforcement.

Of course, who knows how many Olympic records are tainted by drugs too.

A favorite SNL skit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAdG-iT ... AdG-iTilWU

I laughed and laughed.

I laughed too but then I remember the live event when Dave Dravecky threw a pitch and his left arm just came loose due to cancer.  He lost the arm but has remained healthy since.

Yes, the Dravecky situation was tragic.  While Ray Chapman's death was the worst thing ever to happen on a baseball field, Dravecky's injury has to be the worst such incident to occur.

As for your later comment on Pete Rose, although he was one of my favorite players ever because of how hard he played, how determined he was to win, his accomplishments, and his durability, he violated the most important rule of them all.  To me, he must suffer the penalty to the fullest.  It doesn't matter that he was betting on his team to win.  It's what can happen when a manager/player becomes beholden to gamblers as a result of the money they'll inevitably owe.
The problem with Rose only betting on his team to win was that he didn't bet every game. This raised the possibility that he was sending a message to gamblers on the days he didn't bet. 

Good point. There is absolutely nothing good that can come with players/management consorting with gamblers. If it's allowed or overlooked, baseball becomes another WWF.