Official Game Thread - 4/4 - Bucs @ Cubbies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Post by steve49 »

577170677161120 wrote: Bottom line it looks like Keller is auditioning for a trade to Tampa or any where. 

Why did the cubs get about 12 balls that were called strikes ? Maybe the Pirates1 or 2 ?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3C272A2B222E214F0 wrote: Alford is 0/season.
Yes, that's 0 for 2 games. Fowler started one.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The 3-4-5 batters had 7 hits. Everyone else had 0.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I hated the way the ump forced Polanco to swing on balls. His last AB he had no choice but to swing away after several balls were called strikes. He exhibited a good eye and patience today.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6661777F7166212D547379757D783A777B79140 wrote: I hated the way the ump forced Polanco to swing on balls.  His last AB he had no choice but to swing away after several balls were called strikes.  He exhibited a good eye and patience today.

Those balls were only missing by about 3 inches. There were more bogus strikes to Polanco than there were to the entire Cub lineup.

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1E383F2A232F382E264D0 wrote: 50 pitches through 2 innings for Keller. Wonder if we'll see a PH this inning.

I find it absolutely perplexing that a major league pitcher, one of the 500 best people on the planet with regard to throwing a baseball, can't consistently throw the ball in the strike zone.  It's not like Keller just picked up a baseball for the first time a year ago. He's been doing this most of his life.  How does someone like him get this far and with so many knowledgeable people saying he's really, really good?
They were talking on the broadcast that not only was Keller one of the highest rated prospect pitchers in all of MLB, but he was rated as having the best control, and they wondered where that has gone. Hence the comment that was mentioned where all they could offer was, "have patience"

I'm good with having patience with a young player but it sure would be nice if every once in awhile he'd display the talent so many people say he has? It's really not too much to ask.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yep the Pirates need Keller to be good and consistent and so far he isn’t even remotely close to being either one of those things.