Official Game Thread - 4/15 - Bucs vs Padres 12:35 start

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Newman, as well as our CF'ers, now hitting less than Polanco. Geez, this team clearly does have troubles.

All-in-all, a 4-3 homestand that included a series win over the Division rivals the Cubs and a split with the Padres, who many believe could challenge the Dodgers, could turn-out to be one of the high-points of the season.

Time to see how the team does on the road again. Beating the Brewers will be a challenge.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

052921262D0A3D2B3B480 wrote: Newman, as well as our CF'ers, now hitting less than Polanco.   Geez, this team clearly does have troubles.

All-in-all, a 4-3 homestand that included a series win over the Division rivals the Cubs and a split with the Padres, who many believe could challenge the Dodgers, could turn-out to be one of the high-points of the season.

Time to see how the team does on the road again.  Beating the Brewers will be a challenge.     Yea a 4-3 home stand and an overall 5-8 record going into this 9 game road trip to Milwaukee Detroit and Minnesota is something I would have signed up for a week ago today when they were 1-6. They at least stopped the bleeding of that 6 game losing streak and climbed back around .500 which will at least keep things interesting for the time being. Plus, Hayes should be back on this road trip hopefully this weekend. You didn’t wanna start this season something like 2-11 or something along those lines and be buried in the standings 2 weeks into the season. The Pirates at least managed to avoid that so hopefully they can go to Milwaukee and continue to play good baseball and continue to find ways to win more games.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

032522373E3225333B500 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.

with bases loaded I think you should use your best hitter on the bench.  No use of saving him for later as this is the chance to get back into the game and you may not get another one.

As someone else posted, what is the most Keller can give on the mound, 1 more inning (which it turns out he couldn't do).

I had high hopes that Keller was going to put everything together this season.  I still have some hope for him but he is starting to look like a failed starter.

_______

If Shelton had pinch hit Evans in thee 2nd inning and Evans made an out, Fans would be screaming for Shelton's head for using Evans so early.

Alford got a hitWhat, I turned it off after the 1st and missed Alford's 1st hit, how did that happen the guy looks completely lost. He must have closed his eyes and swung.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

70686A6D6D7A6B6C717066030 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.

with bases loaded I think you should use your best hitter on the bench.  No use of saving him for later as this is the chance to get back into the game and you may not get another one.

As someone else posted, what is the most Keller can give on the mound, 1 more inning (which it turns out he couldn't do).

I had high hopes that Keller was going to put everything together this season.  I still have some hope for him but he is starting to look like a failed starter.

_______

If Shelton had pinch hit Evans in thee 2nd inning and Evans made an out, Fans would be screaming for Shelton's head for using Evans so early.

Alford got a hitWhat, I turned it off after the 1st and missed Alford's 1st hit, how did that happen the guy looks completely lost.  He must have closed his eyes and swung.

A soft bloop into shallow CF. Perez also got his 1st hit on a broken bat blooper.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I really get tired of the announcers trying to tell us how great Keller is going to be and he goes out and and layes an egg every outing. I'm not impressed with him or his stuff. Just level with the fans,, he's a over hyped below average pitcher plain and simple. Building the hopes of fans when our eyes can see reality. He needs to go to the BP and learn how to pitch not just throw. He doesn't have the stuff to just throw.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

507D70616677602023120 wrote: Who was Shelton going to pinch hit?  Difo?  Alford?  Cheringtopn has left this roster completely devoid of pinch hitters.

_______

Alford got a hitWhat, I turned it off after the 1st and missed Alford's 1st hit, how did that happen the guy looks completely lost.  He must have closed his eyes and swung.

A soft bloop into shallow CF. Perez also got his 1st hit on a broken bat blooper. 
Preceded by closing his eyes
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

5F474542425544435E5F492C0 wrote: What, I turned it off after the 1st and missed Alford's 1st hit, how did that happen the guy looks completely lost.  He must have closed his eyes and swung.

Bloop single. We in the stands gave him a SO, even the players on the bench were whooping it up. It would be like some big LH hitter that never had a HR, getting his one and only off the Pesky Pole, which I believe is the shortest distance in MLB for a HR in any stadium.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2D353730302736312C2D3B5E0 wrote: I really get tired of the announcers trying to tell us how great Keller is going to be and he goes out and and layes an egg every outing.  I'm not impressed with him or his stuff.  Just level with the fans,, he's a over hyped below average pitcher plain and simple.  Building the hopes of fans when our eyes can see reality.  He needs to go to the BP and learn how to pitch not just throw.  He doesn't have the stuff to just throw.
I like the BP idea. Let him pitch an inning or 2 and hopefully not get crushed each time. Maybe he'll figure things out. And if he can't even do that, then he needs to go to the minors when they start up. I know that creates a need for a starter but that need already exists every time Keller starts. Let Underwood start. Or bring back Crowe and let him start. Or use one of them an an "opener' and give Keller an inning or 2 in relief when they start.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

052825343322357576470 wrote: I really get tired of the announcers trying to tell us how great Keller is going to be and he goes out and and layes an egg every outing.  I'm not impressed with him or his stuff.  Just level with the fans,, he's a over hyped below average pitcher plain and simple.  Building the hopes of fans when our eyes can see reality.  He needs to go to the BP and learn how to pitch not just throw.  He doesn't have the stuff to just throw.
I like the BP idea. Let him pitch an inning or 2 and hopefully not get crushed each time. Maybe he'll figure things out. And if he can't even do that, then he needs to go to the minors when they start up. I know that creates a need for a starter but that need already exists every time Keller starts. Let Underwood start. Or bring back Crowe and let him start. Or use one of them an an "opener' and give Keller an inning or 2 in relief when they start.
Here's a quote from our dumbass manager on Keller pitching performance Thursday, “but I think on the flip side of it, he attacked the zone. He was in the zone, so that's encouraging.” This guy is a clown. Why oh why do we have to suffer through these clowns "JR, Loyd, Gene Lamont, Jim Tracy". We gave each one of them 1 to 3 years and it was obvious after about 3 months they were disasters. This idiot trying to tell us our lying eyes didn't see what we saw. Just be honest he's a disaster and shut up about it and don't say anything. You're giving Keller the idea he just needs to keep doing what he's doing and different results are bound to come. Dammit I'm sick of it.