2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

Again, I didn't calculate this and I don't know what period of time Yahoo used when they calculated this ERA
I would advise steering clear of Yahoo Sports stats. Their stats on Wilson as a Brave before the trade are grossly inaccurate. ESPN, MLB and Baseball Reference all have the same stats for Wilson which are confirmed by his game log.

Yahoo has him for 22 ERs in 33.2 innings for Atlanta this year. In reality it was 17 ERs in 31.2 innings.
______

Out of curiosity, I compared the game logs from Yahoo Sports to MLB.com on a game by game basis. They agreed with one another both on innings pitched and earned runs, with the exception of the game on July 21st. In that game, Wilson pitched 2 innings and gave up 5 runs. The game was suspended. Yahoo Sports included those stats in Wilson 2021 stats and MLB.com did not include that game. Under MLB suspended game rules in 2021, that game will be continued at a later date, and I suppose MLB will include that games stats at that point. If this is true, I prefer to rely on the stats from Yahoo Sports.
Bobster21

Official Game Thread - 8/8 - Bucs @ Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

372C212029252A440 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

Again, I didn't calculate this and I don't know what period of time Yahoo used when they calculated this ERA
I would advise steering clear of Yahoo Sports stats. Their stats on Wilson as a Brave before the trade are grossly inaccurate. ESPN, MLB and Baseball Reference all have the same stats for Wilson which are confirmed by his game log.

Yahoo has him for 22 ERs in 33.2 innings for Atlanta this year. In reality it was 17 ERs in 31.2 innings.
______

Out of curiosity, I compared the game logs from Yahoo Sports to MLB.com on a game by game basis.  They agreed with one another both on innings pitched and earned runs, with the exception of the game on July 21st.  In that game, Wilson pitched 2 innings and gave up 5 runs.  The game was suspended.  Yahoo Sports included those stats in Wilson 2021 stats and MLB.com did not include that game.  Under MLB suspended game rules in 2021, that game will be continued at a later date, and I suppose MLB will include that games stats at that point.  If this is true, I prefer to rely on the stats from Yahoo Sports.
Interesting.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

1B363B2A2D3C2B6B68590 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Out of curiosity, I compared the game logs from Yahoo Sports to MLB.com on a game by game basis.  They agreed with one another both on innings pitched and earned runs, with the exception of the game on July 21st.  In that game, Wilson pitched 2 innings and gave up 5 runs.  The game was suspended.  Yahoo Sports included those stats in Wilson 2021 stats and MLB.com did not include that game.  Under MLB suspended game rules in 2021, that game will be continued at a later date, and I suppose MLB will include that games stats at that point.  If this is true, I prefer to rely on the stats from Yahoo Sports.
Interesting.
I am no expert on the rules , but since the game is suspended the stats should not be included in the players records until the game is completed. That is just my opinion as a fan who has followed the game for a long time.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6F6362393039313C3B243E090 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
I am no expert on the rules , but since the game is suspended the stats should not be included in the players records until the game is completed. That is just my opinion as a fan who has followed the game for a long time.
Yeah, I'm surprised Yahoo would do that. A suspended game is not yet official and by the time the game is finished and the stats count, there will have been subsequent stats to add in. Still, I can see Shedman's point inasmuch as that performance occurred even if not yet officially counted.
shedman

Post by shedman »

222E2F747D747C71766973440 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
_______

With MLB rules for suspended games prior to 2020, I would fully agree with you as that game could be terminated. However, with the new rules for suspended games, I prefer to use the stats with the suspended game right up to date.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

716A67666F636C020 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
_______

With MLB rules for suspended games prior to 2020, I would fully agree with you as that game could be terminated.   However, with the new rules for suspended games, I prefer to use the stats with the suspended game right up to date.
I was not aware of new rules for suspended games. Whatever the case, I think the acquisition of Wilson may turn out to be a good one. He is no #1 or #2 guy, but he slots into the rotation very well. We need pitchers that can make quality starts, and go deep into games.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

040809525B525A57504F55620 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
_______

With MLB rules for suspended games prior to 2020, I would fully agree with you as that game could be terminated.   However, with the new rules for suspended games, I prefer to use the stats with the suspended game right up to date.
I was not aware of new rules for suspended games. Whatever the case, I think the acquisition of Wilson may turn out to be a good one. He is no #1 or #2 guy, but he slots into the rotation very well. We need pitchers that can make quality starts, and go deep into games.
Like most pitchers, his initial MLB stats are not very impressive. But he's still in the early stage of his career. But he had a strong finish in 2020 with an ERA of 2.08 over his last 4 games. The Braves liked him enough to start game 4 of the NLCs last year and he was outstanding in defeating Kershaw and LA. He went 6 innings with 1 run, 1 BB and 1 hit (a solo HR).

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxe ... 0150.shtml
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

5955540F060F070A0D12083F0 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
_______

We need players who win games.

Short. Sweet.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7E4B5C5C576E5C5C57505C390 wrote: Here it is again from Yahoo Sports:

Bryse Wilson Pit - P

FA

10 - Games played

2%

44.2 - Innings pitched

2 - Wins

0 - Saves

30 - Strike outs

5.24 - ERA

1.52 - WHIP

_____

______

Interesting.
_______

We need players who win games.

Short.  Sweet. 

Normally guys who make quality starts win games as well. I think Wilson is pitcher who will win games for the Pirates.