The Departed

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Pedro Alvarez has been in AAA Norfolk since the Orioles sent him down in late June after batting .180. He's hitting .279 in AAA while being used almost exclusively as a DH. The Orioles are in a total rebuild so it's unlikely he will get a call up. I wonder what the next stop for him will be. Japan?
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Another nice start today for Glasnow. Five innings one run and 6 strikeouts. Next start against the Red Sox.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

2D21207B727B737E79667C4B0 wrote: Another nice start today for Glasnow. Five innings one run and 6 strikeouts. Next start against the Red Sox.

Good for Tyler.
NJBucsFan

The Departed

Post by NJBucsFan »

Looked up his stats when the Pirates wished Tom Prince a happy birthday, and found out that he made $4 million playing baseball. Not bad for a guy who only played 500 games more than I did! ;)
Bobster21

The Departed

Post by Bobster21 »

Both the good and bad Glasnow pitched last night. He gave up 4 in the first inning including 3 consecutive walks, 1 of which forced in a run. An error allowed 2 more to score after Glasnow walked the bases loaded. He also allowed 2 SBs in that inning. He might never have gotten out of the 1st except that the 2nd and 3rd outs were recorded on an attempted double steal resulting in a rundown where both runners were tagged out. The Sox got greedy as they were attempting their 3rd and 4th SBs of the first inning. Didn't take long to realize Glasnow can't hold runners close. Glasnow gave up a HR in the 3rd but then retired the next 12 before being removed in the 7th.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There is a report that Cutch has been placed on revocable waivers. It will be interesting to see what team makes a claim, and then if the Giants and the team can work out a trade.
SammyKhalifa

The Departed

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2925247F767F777A7D62784F0 wrote: There is a report that Cutch has been placed on revocable waivers. It will be interesting to see what team makes a claim, and then if the Giants and the team can work out a trade.

One of the long-standing rumors is the Indians--I'd be very OK with that.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

If he does go away from SF I hope it is to a real contender such as the Indians who happen to be my 2nd favorite team of all time.
fjk090852-7

The Departed

Post by fjk090852-7 »

14353D143F37500 wrote: If he does go away from SF I hope it is to a real contender such as the Indians who happen to be my 2nd favorite team of all time.
Could you imagine if he got traded to Cleveland or another team in the postseason and he got into one of his red hot hitting streaks.
DemDog

The Departed

Post by DemDog »

Gotta say this for Cutch, he has been the heart and soul of the Bucs for 8 years. He was an MVP caliber player for many of those years. But as his skill set declined I have to say Cutch's heart was always in the game. He hustled and gave 1000% effort to help the team win. I will always rate Cutch up there as a Buc with Clemente, Stargell and Maz. While his contribution to the team does not mean I would want his number retired I can see how many of the younger guys would. So lets all continue to root for this once great Bucco to find the greatest success in baseball a WS ring. Thanks Cutch for your efforts both on and off the field. You are one of the greatest to wear the Black & Gold.