Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: I'm not shocked Oliva was DFA'd. He's never shown anything since being heralded as a good prospect. (Where have we heard that before?). He will probably clear waivers and go to AAA anyway. 

yeah, Oliva, Alford, Tucker, Allen and a few pitchers are all borderline as far as 40 man goes. Maybe Ben picked Oliva's name out of a hat.

Somebody will have to go when a second catcher is added to the roster too.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

3A79607B687D6C7A3A090 wrote: "This season Major League Umpires will conduct in-park announcements during the Replay Review process. We’re pleased to launch this enhancement to the ballpark and broadcast experiences.  Training has been held in Arizona and Florida this spring." - MLB Communications

https://twitter.com/MLB_PR/status/1509878018667331593

An even better announcement would be that MLB is discontinuing replay altogether.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Austin Meadows traded for a player and a competitive draft round B pick.
ChillinStation

Off Season Thread

Post by ChillinStation »

We could of landed Meadows, why didnt we?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

In yesterday's news, Aaron Judge and the small market, low revenue New York Yankees couldn't agree that the seven-year, 213.5 million offered extension was sufficient.  That would have made a total of $230 milion.

I think the Bucs should pounce on this opportunity at the end of the season.  Judge. Reynolds.  Cruz.  I can see it!    ;)