Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The large market Rays supposedly offered seven.  They wanted him quite a bit, if reports are true.  Not sure what the Red Sox offered.  SDP were in on him, too.  Could've driven things higher/longer.  Who knows?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The Minnesota Twins somehow have the funds to land Carlos Correa for 3/105.3.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The bargain basement Phillies went shopping and came home with Nick Castellanos. Only cost them $100 mil for 5.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

Red Sox get Trevor Story.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C594E4E457C4E4E45424E2B0 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.
In see they have brought back the " Ghost Runner" rule for extra inning games- any thoughts? At least Surg won't have to sit through 18 inning marathons
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

003E3B33203838331336213265570 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.
In see they have brought back the " Ghost Runner" rule for extra inning games- any thoughts? At least Surg won't have to sit through 18 inning marathons
After 9 innings they stop playing baseball and substitute a mutated version where an imaginary player leads off with a double. Whatever that is, it isn't baseball. Last year I never watched a game past the 9th inning and will continue to turn that garbage off after 9 innings this year.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

7D43464E5D45454E6E4B5C4F182A0 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.

Is it after 9 innings?

If it's after more than that, I'm OK with it. Baseball needs to fit into time slots for TV. People's time is valuable. Other sports do things, so I don't have any problems with it after enough innings have been played. Adds drama/excitement a little earlier. Pitchers have to buckle down earlier than they would have otherwise.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

5A6F7878734A78787374781D0 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.

Is it after 9 innings?

If it's after more than that, I'm OK with it.  Baseball needs to fit into time slots for TV.  People's time is valuable.  Other sports do things, so I don't have any problems with it after enough innings have been played.  Adds drama/excitement a little earlier.  Pitchers have to buckle down earlier than they would have otherwise.

Yes, after nine innings
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.
After 9 innings they stop playing baseball and substitute a mutated version where an imaginary player leads off with a double. Whatever that is, it isn't baseball. Last year I never watched a game past the 9th inning and will continue to turn that garbage off after 9 innings this year.
That's if you cam make it through nine innings.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Red Sox get Trevor Story.

You've had too much PIRATES exposure. Probably Dirty O's, too.

It was garbage for the nine already.  No wonder you can't take it any longer.  ;)