Game Thread - 5/15 - Bucs vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Game Thread - 5/15 - Bucs vs Reds

Post by Surgnbuck »

577A77666170672724150 wrote:

People are waiting for Reynolds to hit like his track record shows he can. But with Yoshi at this point it's unclear if his track record indicates he can hit (in 127 ABs as a Pirate last season) or cannot hit based on everything he's done before and since that brief period.
Bobster, the point of my post is EVERY game day, VanMeter is bashed for being in the lineup, yet lately he's actually contributed to any modest success on the team over the last week or so, where Reynolds hasn't. Yet not once has anyone complained about Reynolds besides me.

That's being unfair, and part of the reason I've just about given up on the GDt, because before even one pitch has thrown, too many people have already given up on the game, and claimed they're tanking.

Crickets regarding how Reynolds has been the biggest reason for the Pirates offensive failures. He's not only been useless at the plate, he's even more so when he's needed to drive guys in. He sits in a lofty spot in the batting order, and he has routinely killed rally after rally the ENTIRE season so far.

Spare me his career numbers. I'm talking about the here and now. Do I want him benched? No, but I'd like a little bit more fairhandedness in some of these comments. Right now, to this point in the season, Reynolds has been the biggest reason the Pirates have a sub .500 record, not Shelton. You'd have expected by now for Reynolds to have come through in about 5 or 6 games that ONE hit by him, and the Pirates turn a defeat into a victory.

Just a lone voice here is all.

Seems everyone is in agreement on Yoshi. I'm tired of hearing on the broadcast about his professional at bats. One or two a game where he makes an out is fine, at some point he needs to hit the ball, and hit it far. I'm all for DFA him.