Game Thread - 6/28 - Bucs @ Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

In the last 5 games/46 innings there have been only 3 instances of scoring without a HR and only 2 of those involved getting more than 1 hit in the inning. Only 4 players are above .222 and one of them is a SSS (Madris at .367 for 30 ABs). Otherwise, Hayes leads with a very modest .263 and Reynolds with an even lower .252. Then there's Chavis at .244 who has perfected the art of the one-handed swing and miss. The chances of several players--none of whom hit safely with any regularity--getting hits in the same inning are remote. The Pirates rarely score other than on HRs because the entire roster so infrequently gets hits. Aside from Reynolds, there's no one on the roster who seems to be hitting significantly below what's expected. It's a collection of players who are either trying to get acclimated to MLB pitching or never could hit and never will.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Correct Jolly Roger- I remember when I was coaching basketball.

we lost this particular game and a player came storming into the locker room yelling "the ref sucks", they cost us the game". I said.

"bullshi$. When we had 15 turnovers, shot 14- for 48 from the field and missed 12 foul shots, the refs didn't cost us the game. Like Surg said, #3,4, 5 were 0-12 last night.The only time I remember that the Ump probably cost the Pirates a game was the infamous Jerry Meals call at home plate. However, I don't remember what if we had other opportunities to win
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

311710050C00170109620 wrote: I wish they would have just DFA'd VanMeter. Right now there's him, Castillo, Park, and Chavis all basically the same role. Just hate seeing him play so Madris could sit.
Totally agree Madris looks like the best pf the rookies, I like Suwinski, and Cruz has unlimited potential the question is can the Pirates get it out of him. They don't have a good record but hoping they can help him develop.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Belated happy birthday wishes for you, Bryce! Aside from another tough Bucco loss, hope you had a great day!
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6A727077776071766B6A7C190 wrote: I wish they would have just DFA'd VanMeter. Right now there's him, Castillo, Park, and Chavis all basically the same role. Just hate seeing him play so Madris could sit.
Totally agree Madris looks like the best pf the rookies, I like Suwinski, and Cruz has unlimited potential [highlight]the question is can the Pirates get it out of him.  They don't have a good record[/highlight] but hoping they can help him develop.

The previous administration certainly didn't have a good record of developing players, but we still don't know that about the current GM and his staff. The first of his acquisitions just started getting here a couple of months ago. Is it fair, maybe, to wait for these kids to at least get to Pittsburgh and play for awhile before we decide?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

6B414A7A4D5B5B57380 wrote: Belated happy birthday wishes for you,  Bryce! Aside from another tough Bucco loss, hope you had a great day!

Did you get my PM from the other day? Check it and get back to me.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Top of the 9th 2 out, can "LardButt" hit one out for an insurance run?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Raise the Jolly Roger!