Surgnbuck

Game Thread - 8/21 - Bucs vs Reds

Post by Surgnbuck »

6 walks and a HBP

Pirate pitching just gives away too many freebies
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

426463767F7364727A110 wrote: Joe Block makes it hard to watch a game, he never stops talking. It's like I'm listening to myself
It's unbearable. I've come to the conclusion that Block sees his job not as announcing to the Pirate fans, but to their grandmothers. He wants to maintain friendly, casual banter for 9 innings, try to be amusing, and have his analyst explain rules to people not familiar with the game. Earlier today he asked Walk to explain what happens if a runner leading off 3B is struck by a fair ball. Obviously Block knew the answer. Every baseball fan knew the answer. But Block always incorporates teaching moments into every broadcast. He wants to be "our guide" through the game to entertain, amuse and teach. But all we want that A-hole to do is call the game.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

another hit, and the HBP scores

9-5
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2 singles have given the Reds 2 runs. That's horrific. IDK what their pitching philosophy is in the organization, but they really need to focus on, IDK, not walking so many guys.

We see it way too much. Pitchers going up 0-2 and either end up walking guys, or throwing a meatball on the 0-2 count.

All in all, I guess it comes down to....we just don't have pitchers worth a dang
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, let's see if the Bucs have any fight in them
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Shelton is going to let Padlo hit down 4 with a guy on.

I know he hasn't done anything since the 6th grade dance, ,but I'd PH with Cruz right here
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

And Padlo strikes out.

This is just ridiculous, you have the potential of a 2 run HR sitting on the bench, there was no lefty warming up, Farmer had thrown a bunch of pitches, and you still send Padlo up to bat. Cruz needed to come in at this juncture. He goes to short, Newman goes to second, Castro goes to third when they take the field.

It's going to be really tough thinking about renewing season tickets when I already know we will see an incompetent manager next year. It also bothers me that we have seen Yoshi, JVM, Padlo, Madris take up all these AB's this season, well beyond "they're due to break out if it" kind of thing. Give me Castillo hitting .200 over any of them hitting .150 Give me Suwinski striking out a lot, but also hitting HR's and producing runs.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Castro boots one, but then makes a beautiful turn on the inning ending DP

He's been a bright spot.