Game thread April 3rd

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Game thread April 3rd

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: Underwood, having read my comments here on OBN in between innings, mows down the Sox in the 7th.
Good job, Doc!

I do what I can.

If we can hang on, you might get a game ball.

If they give me one, I'll probably drop it.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game thread April 3rd

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: We had 'em all the way. Game ball consideration to Reynolds for 3 hits, 2 HRs. But he also dropped a fly ball. So the game ball goes to Doc for coercing Underwood into pitching well. [highlight]And Doc did not drop a fly ball.[/highlight]

Only because none were hit to me.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game thread April 3rd

212D2C777E777F72756A70470 wrote: I wish I could develop some kind of faith in Rodolfo Castro becoming, at the least, an adequate offensive contributor
It is only 4 games, but if Castro continues to struggle the Mathias kid they acquired in early March has started off very hot at Indy. I think what intrigues the Pirates is that Mathias had a very good September last year.

The thing for me about Castro is that I didn't see him improving as last season went on. That's bothersome because he was a young player getting the opportunity to play every day and he never seemed to grab that chance by the throat, especially knowing two recent first round draft picks play second base.
Bobster21

Game thread April 3rd

Post by Bobster21 »

683E283C332939323F281A3D373B333674395A0 wrote: I wish I could develop some kind of faith in Rodolfo Castro becoming, at the least, an adequate offensive contributor
It is only 4 games, but if Castro continues to struggle the Mathias kid they acquired in early March has started off very hot at Indy. I think what intrigues the Pirates is that Mathias had a very good September last year.

The thing for me about Castro is that I didn't see him improving as last season went on.  That's bothersome because he was a young player getting the opportunity to play every day and he never seemed to grab that chance by the throat, especially knowing two recent first round draft picks play second base.
Castro's minor league career was nothing to write home about.

Low-A: .235

High-A: .243

AA: .242

AAA: .251

He made mental mistakes last year and he's not a slick fielder either. I think they are wasting time with him. Bae brings more to the table and could get a good look at 2B and they have several top middle infield prospects in the minors. I believe Castro's MLB career is going to be brief unless he can establish himself as a utility guy.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Game thread April 3rd

163B36272031266665540 wrote: I wish I could develop some kind of faith in Rodolfo Castro becoming, at the least, an adequate offensive contributor

The thing for me about Castro is that I didn't see him improving as last season went on.  That's bothersome because he was a young player getting the opportunity to play every day and he never seemed to grab that chance by the throat, especially knowing two recent first round draft picks play second base.
Castro's minor league career was nothing to write home about.

Low-A:  .235

High-A: .243

AA:       .242

AAA:     .251

He made mental mistakes last year and he's not a slick fielder either. I think they are wasting time with him. Bae brings more to the table and could get a good look at 2B and they have several top middle infield prospects in the minors. I believe Castro's MLB career is going to be brief unless he can establish himself as a utility guy.

That seems about right.