Official Game Thread - 6/22 - Bucs @ Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Santana can't make the easiest play he's had to make all night, and it opens the flood gates.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Shelton managed this one into a corner. Takes out Davis for defense. Now, with a guy on and a lefty pitching, two outs, Marcano gets pulled for Delay.

Shouldn't have even come down to thise
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

10 in a row now.

What a kick in the nads
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

4F696E7B727E697F771C0 wrote: Shelton managed this one into a corner. Takes out Davis for defense. Now, with a guy on and a lefty pitching, two outs, Marcano gets pulled for Delay.

Shouldn't have even come down to thise
Pirates are now 14-32 since the 20-8 start. Contract extension or not you can make a very good case for firing Derek Shelton and this coaching staff right about now. This is just completely unacceptable and somebody needs to take the fall for this epic collapse this team has had in the last 7-8 weeks.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

15 strike outs tonight.

I don't know if it's any better they all just simply grounded or popped out.

Suwingandamisski 4 K's. Hitless in his last 25 at bats. Why isn't he gettting some bench time, and let Mitchell or Palacios have a shot at going 0-25?
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Hate to say it but Suwinski can't bat vs. Lefty's.

Like Surg said, bullpen killed us

10 losses in a row

very demoralizing loss
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I told you that Jack can't hit southpaws. He just can't. And, we continue to treat RS games as if we are in Permanent Spring Training.

So.....the question needs asked:

Can this team- as constructed today- finish better than 29/59 to avoid 100 losses again? That's a .330 WP.

I think that it can and likely will. It will lose into the 90s, almost certainly. Good, compared against last year. Not as good, considering what the head start from April was.

That's not the disappointing part to me. The disappointing part is the way that they're going about it. Sad.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So Shelton says that Moreta's slider is in between right now. So, why is he pitching him there?

I said it when he came in, not really fair to Mlodzinski. If Moreta is your man, why not start Carmen in the 8th, and bring in Moreta to bail him out? If Moreta isn't doing it, bring someone else up.

This is what's really pissing me off right now. If a guy isn't doing the job over an extended period, give someone else the same amount of time to be a failure, or God forbid, actually do something well.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7A5C5B4E474B5C4A42290 wrote: So Shelton says that Moreta's slider is in between right now. So, why is he pitching him there?

I said it when he came in, not really fair to Mlodzinski. If Moreta is your man, why not start Carmen in the 8th, and bring in Moreta to bail him out? If Moreta isn't doing it, bring someone else up.

This is what's really pissing me off right now. If a guy isn't doing the job over an extended period, give someone else the same amount of time to be a failure, or God forbid, actually do something well.

the comments about Moreta are damming.  Its like I know he can't do it, but I'll give him a shot anyway and I'll leave him too long. I guess he had to face 3 batters so Shelton's problem was putting him in the first place. Then I can pitch a rookie in a tough situation.  What's the worst that could happen?
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Missed the end of this one, same result as usual.

Bae has to go !