Official Game Day Thread - 4/6 - Bucs vs O's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Day Thread - 4/6 - Bucs vs O's

Post by Doc »

Alika Williams should be used as they would a Rule 5 player: only plays in the most direr circumstances or in a blowout. He's an accomplished baseball player, he's just not a major league baseball player. With him on the roster, the Pirates are playing with 25 guys against other teams with 26. It really does matter. The question I keep asking myself is, why do the Pirates seem to insist on carrying guys like him every year?
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Doc wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:26 am
Bobster wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:06 am
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:55 pm

Damn right,doc!!
It's not baseball. I hate it.
I have the same reaction regarding t the DH, Interleague play, and the replay system. It’s not baseball to me.

Agree on 2 of 3. Especially the DH. Changed the face of MLB. Replay helped the Bucs win a game this season. Impossible for the human eye to catch all those bang bang plays.
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:29 am Does anyone know why Shelton was out talking to the umps during the top of the 11th? He seemed pretty heated, and had the lineup card
In the Orioles batting order, Rutschman (DH) batted 2nd and Mountcastle (1B) hit 3rd. Mountcastle made the last out in the 10th and was removed in the bottom of the 10th. Rutschman went from DH-C so the Orioles lost their DH. The new pitcher (Bauman) went into the lineup in Mountcastle's spot. But when the Orioles came to bat in the 11th, the ghost runner at 2B was Rutschman instead of the pitcher in Mountcastle's spot in the order. Shelton said Bauman should be the runner since it would have been Mountcastle had Bauman not taken his spot in the order. Apparently, there is a rule that says in that situation, the pitcher is not the runner. So they had to go to the previous last batter (Rutschman). Seems pretty bizarre to me.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Both Pittsburgh teams won by the score of 5-4 yesterday.