Official Game Thread - 7/8 - Bucs @ DBacks

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So the Bucs have the pitcher who leads in strikeouts looking and the player who has struck out the most looking in Suwinski.

That's the circle of life there.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Choi lines out. I must have my innings mixed up. It’s next inning when the Bucs will score. Still scoreless moving to the bottom of the 4th.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Choi tries to get a hit by driving it completely through the pitcher, but death is averted with a looky what I found catch.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Keller with another walk. Just a matter of time before one of these hurts.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Keller walks leadoff hitter, and the wrong guy to do it to.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

735552474E4255434B200 wrote: Not only has Block told us 100 times Keller leads baseball in strikeouts looking, he makes sure to emphasize by saying "in all of baseball. " But wait there's more. He goes on to tell us all the pitchers he has more than, "even more than Gerrit Cole". Because you know, when you lead something in all of baseball, you have to bring a name up as if saying,"even him!". Even though Cole is part of the "in all of baseball"
I went with the radio audio overlay from the start. But it sounds like Block's usual routine of trying to talk as much as possible. So naming names gives him more words to say instead of leaving it as "in all of baseball." I get the impression that Block enters each half inning not thinking about how best to describe the action, but rather thinking about how he can maintain a constant chatter until the 3rd out.
2drfischer@gmail.c

But not this time as, with one out, Gurriel bounces into a double play. To the 5th we go, still no score.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: Keller with another walk.  Just a matter of time before one of these hurts.
That's what makes Block doubly annoying spreading on the superlatives. Tries to make it sound like Keller is Cy Young reincarnated. We know, WE KNOW BLOCK, KELLER IS AN ALL STAR!!!!!

Holy Christmas he doesn't have to say it every time he mentions his name.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

6C3A2C38372D3D363B2C1E39333F3732703D5E0 wrote: But not this time as, with one out, Gurriel bounces into a double play.  To the 5th we go, still no score.
I was bracing for the 2 runHR
2drfischer@gmail.c

Gonzales grounds out. Triolo up next.