Kang accused of sexual assault in Chicago

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

313A323E3B3A216462152C343D3A3A7B363A550 wrote: I think that is worse than the actual act at times.

I'd be saddened by this comment if I weren't so disgusted by it.

False accusation of rape is worse than rape?  What type of person believes this?  One I truly hope never becomes a parent.  Good Lord.

Sorry, but maybe it is bad wording.  But women accusing men of a sexual crime is extremely bad in my opinion and there should be consequences.  Big time.

Kang will never have the same image again.  I have never been to a Steeler's game (home or away) and not hear it about Big Ben.

Maybe I didn't word it very well, but accusing someone of a sexually act that can ruin their life is extremely high on my list of wrong doing.  This happens way too much and could happen to anyone. 

Jerome Bettis got along fine.

It follows Roethlisberger because he actually did assault someone.

You know what is extremely bad? Raping someone.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Right.

The Reno girl came to Pittsburgh trying to have his baby.

The Milledgeville girl, daughter of a lawyer, didn't press charges. Yeah, touch my daughter and see if you get away with it or if i will drop charges...

This case is bad for Kang no matter what way it goes. If he is guilty, I hope MLB kicks him out of the league for life. If he is innocent, the girl should be behind bars for trying to destroy him or just wanting money or what ever her reasoning. His image will be tainted too.
NCBuccofan

Post by NCBuccofan »

757E767A7F7E652026516870797E7E3F727E110 wrote: Right.

The Reno girl came to Pittsburgh trying to have his baby.

The Milledgeville girl, daughter of a lawyer, didn't press charges. Yeah, touch my daughter and see if you get away with it or if i will drop charges...

This case is bad for Kang no matter what way it goes.  If he is guilty, I hope MLB kicks him out of the league for life.  If he is innocent, the girl should be behind bars for trying to destroy him or just wanting money or what ever her reasoning.  His image will be tainted too.

You should just stop digging that hole.  Roethlisberger followed a 20 year old girl into the bathroom, had his paid guards watch the door, and exposed himself to her.  This happened.  She was paid very well to drop charges.  The name things you hear at games is warranted.  He did something very wrong.

If Kang is found to be innocent, that will be the end of it. Just like Bettis.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I am not digging holes. That girl made that choice to go in the bathroom with him (with her DTF Sticker). I am sure something sexual happened, but not rape. She got paid, all is good. Her father is a lawyer too and didn't want to put the man who "raped" his daughter behind bars. Think about that.

I hope this goes away big time. Accusations are very bad, but not treated that way. This thread needs locked.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

2F242C2025243F7A7C0B322A2324246528244B0 wrote: I am not digging holes.  That girl made that choice to go in the bathroom with him (with her DTF Sticker).  I am sure something sexual happened, but not rape.  She got paid, all is good.  Her father is a lawyer too and didn't want to put the man who "raped" his daughter behind bars.  Think about that.

I hope this goes away big time.  Accusations are very bad, but not treated that way. This thread needs locked.

Wait wait wait.  Why the heck would someone lock this thread?  if you don't want to post in it, stop posting in it.   Why do so many people feel the need to censor others when they become uncomfortable with what is being said?   Censor yourself, not others.   Besides, you're not really getting the point being made recently anyway. 

The point is that its KNOWN AS A FACT that Ben was a creep and creeped on that girl in the bathroom of a bar, with his goons playing guard.    He paid her out because what he did was absolutely wrong.  The question was the level of wrong, in that situation.

It's unknown if Kang did anything wrong at all, at this point.  It will be known shortly, because the cameras in that Hotel have already corroborated the story in the Tribune of her "waking up in the cab" which indicates she was stumbling or being assisted out of the hotel, or not.

If the cameras show her being helped, then it's definitely possible, perhaps even LIKELY depending on how much time passed in the Hotel room (too short a time to get blasted like that).   If she walks out of there on her own power, without assistance,  her statements are false and it's over.  Her hustle will have failed.

What Ben did was definitely wrong though.  It's not at all the same situation, at this point.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

4E454D4144455E1B1D6A534B4245450449452A0 wrote: Right.

Wow man. she was paid off in a settlement. That doesn't mean she wasn't wronged or assaulted. There are all kinds of degrees of guilt, it's not black and white.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

No one knows what happened. She cried Rape. He said No Rape. Daddy settled. Why settle if there is a case? Sorry, I don't believe the girl after all the evidence.

This got off subject (partly by me, I know) why I suggested it get locked. Touchy subject, not really baseball related.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

252E262A2F2E357076013820292E2E6F222E410 wrote: No one knows what happened.  She cried Rape.  He said No Rape.  Daddy settled.  Why settle if there is a case?  Sorry, I don't believe the girl after all the evidence. 

This got off subject (partly by me, I know) why I suggested it get locked.  Touchy subject, not really baseball related.

Great. I'm cancelling out your locked thread request by requesting that it remain opened....because it's baseball related. It's about a pending investigation on our starting 3rd baseman and discussing other Pittsburgh athletes accused of the same or similar crimes recently.

It's right on topic.   Stop trying to silence discussion on a message board.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

59525A565352490C0A7D445C555252135E523D0 wrote: No one knows what happened.  She cried Rape.  He said No Rape.  Daddy settled.  Why settle if there is a case?  Sorry, I don't believe the girl after all the evidence. 

BECAUSE THE STANDARD OF PROOF IN A CASE CAN BE DIFFICULT TO MEET, and settling is a way of guaranteeing that a wronged person receives some compensation for being wronged.     It doesn't mean Ben is innocent and did nothing wrong.    Doesn't mean he's guilty.    If you have a 50% chance of winning, you have a 50% chance of losing.   You have 100% chance of getting something in a settlement.

Do you at least agree with that?  It's so basic I feel like it's insulting to even type but I guess we have to

The facts in the Ben case made him a creep, but being a creep isn't a charge.   There are no known facts of wrongdoing in Kang's investigation yet. 

dogknot17@yahoo.co

So, what did the under the drinking age, drunk, DTF sticker wearing, with fake ID girl have to pay for her wrong doing? She was wrong in accusing someone of Rape yet she gets paid. That is my issue with this. Her lawyer daddy didn't want to fight it (because it didn't happen) but threatened and then agreed to a settlement. She/He got paid, not Big Ben.

Do you know any PR Directors for a major sport team? If you do, ask them some questions. This happens so much and guys just pay like it is nothing. Big Ben denied it, fought for himself and now he is labeled. He still lost. The unknown girl walks free with a nice paycheck for her wrong doing.

Now Kang might go through the same thing if not true. If he did rape this women, I am all for sending him in jail. But if she is making up a story, she needs punished too, which doesn't happen.

It is a touchy subject. A settlement doesn't make it right or even go away. I feel for any man being accused and it didn't happen and I feel for any woman who is not believed. I am especially against the Stanford kid for getting six months in prison too.