8/10 Game Thread - Vogelsong v Padres

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

122F28322F28460 wrote: Doesn't excuse it, but I'm pretty sure the Padres have some little tech goblin watching film and looking for opportunities to steal home.  I'm aware of at least three times they've done it in recent years.

They better throw at him tomorrow

Why? For playing good heads up baseball or for exposing the Pirates lack of enthusiasm.

Kid is trying to stick in the majors.  Don't blame the hustle for inadaquacies.

I remember a Pirates team playing with enthusiasm.  Actually, several of them. But it's only a memory now. 

It's no fun being shown up when it exposes the truth. Looks to me like Josh is the only leader left on this team; but he can only lead by example. He can't bust butts like AJ.

Too bad so Many young guys are learning their way to the Big Leagues in this clubhouse; they deserve better. So do the fans.

Jonathan34

Post by Jonathan34 »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: I am not apologizing for the front office.  I didn't like the structure of the pitching staff.  I understood their plan.  It almost worked too.

The main reason the team is underperforming are the players I mentioned.  You, me, the front office didn't see that coming.  You can blame the Nicasio experiment and the Vogelsong signing (Morton had to go too), but you have to realize that is not the reason the Pirates are outside the wild card right now. 

The Vogelsong signing is looking pretty good at this moment, besides the injury he had to deal with. The play hasn't been sustained as long as Happ last season, but it would be apt to say he IS the 2016 reclamation project success story.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Vogelsong should have been starting a long time ago. He has never been a bullpen pitcher.