Pitt Football

offtopic

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

56777F567D75120 wrote: Hail to Pitt.  It looks like they might beat the spread.  The Final is 75-29.
Team bounces back after the disappointing loss to Miami. Started out slow but Pickett picked it up 54-29. Tough one coming up Thurs. night against North Carolina who beat #9 and previously undefeated Wake Forest 58-55. Might have to score 75 to win this one. Pitt is now 7-2
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

Panthers vs TarHeels on ESPN in case you are interested. I will not watch it because I want to spend the evening with Mrs. Possum watching streaming TV from Britain. I will check on the score while watching tv.
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

45646C456E66010 wrote: Panthers vs TarHeels on ESPN in case you are interested.  I will not watch it because I want to spend the evening with Mrs. Possum watching streaming TV from Britain.  I will check on the score while watching tv.
Game of two halves with he Panthers prevailing in OT. 30-23. Pitt now goes to 8-2
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

This was the game that concerned me, and all I have to say is....Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

I like how Narduzzi has the team positioned for a shot at the ACC championship, not just in the division but the overall league championship. Despite two tough losses to teams that have nowhere the talent the Panthers' have the team has not gone into a tailspin and sucked the rest of the way. There was no letdown on the team's part. Next weekend will be the "next" big game that could seal the ACC Coastal Division Championship and a trip to the ACC Championship Game. I have to say this, it is really fun to say that the Burgh has a winning team with a chance to make the city proud. Hail To Pitt!
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

1C3D351C373F580 wrote: I like how Narduzzi has the team positioned for a shot at the ACC championship, not just in the division but the overall league championship.  Despite two tough losses to teams that have nowhere the talent the Panthers' have the team has not gone into a tailspin and sucked the rest of the way.  There was no letdown on the team's part. Next weekend will be the "next" big game that could seal the ACC Coastal Division Championship and a trip to the ACC Championship Game.  I have to say this, it is really fun to say that the Burgh has a winning team with a chance to make the city proud.  Hail To Pitt!

A tale of two sentences in one. :)

Your first sentence is so accurate.....but, it gives me the Heebie Jeebies at the very same time! @@@@
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1C3D351C373F580 wrote: I like how Narduzzi has the team positioned for a shot at the ACC championship, not just in the division but the overall league championship.  Despite two tough losses to teams that have nowhere the talent the Panthers' have the team has not gone into a tailspin and sucked the rest of the way.  There was no letdown on the team's part. Next weekend will be the "next" big game that could seal the ACC Coastal Division Championship and a trip to the ACC Championship Game.  I have to say this, it is really fun to say that the Burgh has a winning team with a chance to make the city proud.  Hail To Pitt!
I like nail biters. This one was all that and more
DemDog

Pitt Football

Post by DemDog »

It's not a happy day in "Happy Valley"! ???? Michigan Wolverines walked away with a 21-17 win. All I can say is "Hail to Pitt!" and "Go Blue!"
WildwoodDave2

Pitt Football

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4C6D654C676F080 wrote: It's not a happy day in "Happy Valley"!  ????  Michigan Wolverines walked away with a 21-17 win.  All I can say is "Hail to Pitt!" and "Go Blue!"
Pitt now ranked #17- Penn State is unranked
GreenWeenie

Pitt Football

Post by GreenWeenie »

Steelers?  Plenty of time left, but that's the problem.  There's plenty of time left.

Pens?  Don't care. 

Pirates?  I care because I can't come up with a reason not to that sticks long enough.  "They suck, and they don't care that they suck" hasn't worked.

Pitt basketball?  Pitt has a team.  I cared when they had a team.

Penn State football?  If Pitt can't win, then I hope someone in Pennsylvania does.

=====

Bottom line?  Pitt football's my highlight of a long sports year.  By default. 

That says a lot more about the others than it says about Pitt football.  In a perfect world, they'd the hightlight....when the others had good years, too.