Kang

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Kang

Post by Bobster21 »

0A293C3C3D201E590 wrote: I hope he doesn't get suspended for a single day for a DUI in Korea.  If he does, I hope the MLBPA fights it to the end.   

Would you want him suspended for a DUI in the United States?

If a DUI is suspension-worthy if it happened in the US, then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be suspension-worthy if it happened in Korea.
Is the standard different in Korea from the US?
Speedloader88

Kang

Post by Speedloader88 »

In many states a 3rd DUI conviction is a felony punishable by 1-3 years in prison. No arrests are ever expunged from someone's criminal record regardless of what a judge or your defense attorney tells you. While expunged records can't be used to enhance further charges, the record of the event NEVER disappears.
dmetz

Kang

Post by dmetz »

77544141405D63240 wrote: I hope he doesn't get suspended for a single day for a DUI in Korea.  If he does, I hope the MLBPA fights it to the end.   

Would you want him suspended for a DUI in the United States?

If a DUI is suspension-worthy if it happened in the US, then I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be suspension-worthy if it happened in Korea.

I don't believe it's suspension worthy either way, but especially not in Korea with a BAC of 0.084. which would put him 0.04 over the legal limit here.

Case by case basis.. in this case he acted stupidly in fleeing the scene. Nobody was hurt.

Wanna sit him for a week and fine him for stupidity? Works for me. When I hear "suspension" I think like 30-50 games or something. Maybe that's not what would be on the table
mouse

Kang

Post by mouse »

The criminal penalties and the MLB penalties are two different things. Korea has it's rules for criminal conduct and it's penalties are whatever they are. MLB has rules of conduct and criminal charges get attention. DUI (or any offense that seems tied to excess alcohol use) raises the issue of treatment - players typically don't get suspended. But if there appears to be an alcohol problem, MLB does have a treatment program they try to encourage players to avail themselves of. Part of that encouragement is the threat of some suspension if the player elects not to participate.
DemDog

Kang

Post by DemDog »

I'm not optimistic about having Kang here for much if any of 2017. The guy is a drunk plain and simple. Third DUI in what 7 years! With all he has at stake in MLB and the success he has had so far the guy stinks when it comes to life and maturity. Then there is the incident in Chicago last summer lying in wait to cause even more problems for him perhaps.

If I had my druthers I would find some way to terminate his contract and get him out of the Burgh.
OrlandoMerced

Kang

Post by OrlandoMerced »

I don't think the Pirates are able to hand out any discipline, it will be done by the league.

I'm not sure if the third DUI has any bearing on their decision because he wasn't affiliated with MLB aside from this one (right?).

I wouldn't lose sleep if the Pirates just cut ties with him now, he's not the sort of guy I would want on my payroll. But as it is now, he'd better perform at the plate next year because if he's not productive and the Pirates chose to cut him, I doubt any team is going to want to have anything to do with him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

566B7578777D76547C6B7A7C7D190 wrote: I don't think the Pirates are able to hand out any discipline, it will be done by the league.

I'm not sure if the third DUI has any bearing on their decision because he wasn't affiliated with MLB aside from this one (right?).

I wouldn't lose sleep if the Pirates just cut ties with him now, he's not the sort of guy I would want on my payroll.  But as it is now, he'd better perform at the plate next year because if he's not productive and the Pirates chose to cut him, I doubt any team is going to want to have anything to do with him.

I think you are crazy. Kang would be wanted by many teams if the Pirates let him go or wanted to trade him.

I am not worried about Kang. That Chicago situation looks like a lie now. DUIs are bad, but players get them a lot. I can name a few Pirates over the years and nothing happened on the field with them. Hopefully, Kang will straighten himself out and stay out of those questionable situations.

Losing Kang would be a huge blow to the Pirates. Third year in the states could make a difference to. I sure hope so.
mouse

Kang

Post by mouse »

Kang's problem will not be MLB. It will be what South Korea's rules are on multiple DUI's. He may be looking at jail time. Then there is the question of his visa.
dmetz

Kang

Post by dmetz »

There is no issue in Chicago. Case is over. No charges. Not surprised, I would bet $100 the Chicago PD would have cleared the issue very quickly had it not been a key player on a division team. Flat out the most corrupt city and police department in America

He's surely a drinker. Won't be the first won't be the last.
dmetz

Kang

Post by dmetz »

4D706E636C666D4F6770616766020 wrote: doubt any team is going to want to have anything to do with him.

;D.   If there's a single team in the league that wouldn't pick him up on that contract, I would be surprised.  Wow