Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

Post by CutchisaBoss »

The Kang Dynasty has risen from the ashes!

But, seriously bro...just hire a personal driver for the next two years....or maybe the rest of your life...
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

He got lucky with the suspended sentence. Third time driving drunk and all they did was slap him on the wrists.

As big a Bucs fan you all know I am, I think he should have done the 8 months in jail with some time off for good behavior and also had his drivers license suspend for life or until he could prove he has over come his drinking problems.

Why might you ask am I being so harsh. This guy could have killed me, my family, or you and or your family if he had done this in the USA not to say he got lucky all three times in Korea by not killing someone with his utter childlike foolishness.

Given the circumstance of his punishment in Korea I do hope that the Bucs and MLB come down hard on him by offering him counseling sessions, by not allowing him to drive, by keeping any and all booze away from him and that includes the champagne if the win the whole shebang. Its a shame that a seemingly grown man like Kang needs a nanny to go with him to keep him out of trouble.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

002129002B23440 wrote: He got lucky with the suspended sentence.  Third time driving drunk and all they did was slap him on the wrists. 

As big a Bucs fan you all know I am, I think he should have done the 8 months in jail with some time off for good behavior and also had his drivers license suspend for life or until he could prove he has over come his drinking problems.

Why might you ask am I being so harsh.  This guy could have killed me, my family, or you and or your family if he had done this in the USA not to say he got lucky all three times in Korea by not killing someone with his utter childlike foolishness.

Given the circumstance of his punishment in Korea I do hope that the Bucs and MLB come down hard on him by offering him counseling sessions, by not allowing him to drive, by keeping any and all booze away from him and that includes the champagne if the win the whole shebang.  Its a shame that a seemingly grown man like Kang needs a nanny to go with him to keep him out of trouble. 

I understand your point, but his punishment is way harsher than what it would have been if it happened in the state of PA.

Drunk Driving is a huge issue. Huge. One beer could put one over the limit. How many times have you had a beer (one) and then drove home. Its very scary. Even at my age I use Ubers, Cabs or crash on a couch just in fear.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

646F676B6E6F743137407961686F6F2E636F000 wrote: He got lucky with the suspended sentence.  Third time driving drunk and all they did was slap him on the wrists. 

Why might you ask am I being so harsh.  This guy could have killed me, my family, or you and or your family if he had done this in the USA not to say he got lucky all three times in Korea by not killing someone with his utter childlike foolishness.

Given the circumstance of his punishment in Korea I do hope that the Bucs and MLB come down hard on him by offering him counseling sessions, by not allowing him to drive, by keeping any and all booze away from him and that includes the champagne if the win the whole shebang.  Its a shame that a seemingly grown man like Kang needs a nanny to go with him to keep him out of trouble. 

I understand your point, but his punishment is way harsher than what it would have been if it happened in the state of PA.

Drunk Driving is a huge issue.  Huge.  One beer could put one  over the limit.  How many times have you had a beer (one) and then drove home.  Its very scary.  Even at my age I use Ubers, Cabs or crash on a couch just in fear. 

If one was the size of a child, one beer could put you over 0.8, yes.   Alternatively,  If you're 100 pounds and you shotgunned two beers one right after the other, you might get there.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't know "how much is too much" but if you plow through a guard rail into oncoming traffic you've clearly crossed the line.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Seriously, it's like 3 beers in an hour to get to 0.8.   There's no accidental "I only had one beer, officer" DUIs.   Also, would be NEARLY impossible to do the accidental "I only had two beer's officer" DUI as well.  if you were tiny and you chugged them and immediately got in a car, you might be able to do it. 

If you had a drink or two at dinner and drive home you're not getting a DUI. Those things are myths
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

All these micro brews now have more than the 4.5 percent alcohol in their beer (Southern Tier, just opened in the North Shore, has a 12% beer).  I was at a restaurant and I picked a beer and the waitress said I could only have two due to the alcohol content. 

You are probably right. I really don't know. I do know I don't risk it. I just thought the Kang situation should have been cut and dry in knowing the results. Since no major move was made, I assumed he wouldn't miss time at all.

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

3E353D3134352E6B6D1A233B3235357439355A0 wrote: All these micro brews now have more than the 4.5 percent alcohol in their beer (Southern Tier, just opened in the North Shore, has a 12% beer).  I was at a restaurant and I picked a beer and the waitress said I could only have two due to the alcohol content. 

You are probably right.  I really don't know.  I do know I don't risk it.  I just thought the Kang situation should have been cut and dry in knowing the results.  Since no major move was made, I assumed he wouldn't miss time at all.

Well if nothing else it's just a matter of logistics, working through the bureaucracy and how long it takes him to get ready
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I agree, 4-6 beers at a session isn't out of the ordinary over several hours of "work" with some friends. Driving home after a session like that is certainly a DUI risk though
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I think we are missing the point here about Kang. We all may react differently to various amounts of alcohol in different situations. You can make all kinds of excuses for Kang's behavior based on the arguments and cases I have read above.

But what we all forget, the guy was arrested for his First DUI but his Third. In the game he plays and makes a lot of money from that is like 3 Strikes and you are out. Kang should have known that he had a problem and reacted to it like a mature man. Instead he reacted like he had not problem and could handle him self and booze. Obviously he can't. Fortunately not one was hurt in any of his incidents. So what does that leave us with. An alcoholic 3Bman who can't be trusted when booze is around.

Guy needs a case of the big time hurts to wake him to the reality that he needs help, big time help, before he hurts some innocent bystander or himself. If he gets back to the Bucs I will be very happy but he has to find that help and I believe that the Bucs will make that possible.