5/18/2017 vs Nats

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yep that's 4 out 5 wins for the Bucs. You would like to think they can keep this going and take 2 of 3 from the Phillies this weekend as well. I talked about this last week that the Pirates had to take advantage of this easy schedule they have coming up. Taking 2 of 3 from the Nats who might be one of the best teams they play in this stretch is a good way to start.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

45757962627F785B776565160 wrote: Glasnow with as many wins as Cole now...2 each

Glasnow is certainly getting better. The human eye and ear can see and hear that.
iabucco

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by iabucco »

I agree that Glasnow is getting better. Even the game against the Cards he was throwing more strikes and was a pitch or two from getting out of the trouble. The issue in that game is that he kept missing over the middle of the plate. I noticed today he mixed his pitches a bit better. It was becoming predictable that if he got the batter to 0-2 he was going to throw a curve. I just want to see him learning each outing and improving. I think he is, I am hoping that he can learn a little faster.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year. Tallion hopefully returning soon. Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward. If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3.

Something there to work with 2018 and beyond. Gotta manage this team very smart and the future could be bright.
johnfluharty

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by johnfluharty »

2A22213620202C430 wrote: I agree that Glasnow is getting better.  Even the game against the Cards he was throwing more strikes and was a pitch or two from getting out of the trouble.  The issue in that game is that he kept missing over the middle of the plate.  I noticed today he mixed his pitches a bit better.  It was becoming predictable that if he got the batter to 0-2 he was going to throw a curve.  I just want to see him learning each outing and improving.  I think he is, I am hoping that he can learn a little faster. 

I like the fact that he followed his big inning with a 1-2-3 inning to close out his start. That showed that he was able to put the last inning behind him.
Ecbucs

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by Ecbucs »

4245535B5542050970575D51595C1E535F5D300 wrote: Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year.  Tallion hopefully returning soon.  Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward.  If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3. 

Something there to work with 2018 and beyond.  Gotta manage this team very smart and the future could be bright.

did Bob Nutting hack Vapirate's account?

Would be nice to have a lot of things go right for awhile.
CutchisaBoss

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Aside from the 2 run error on a very routine play...in true Pirate form...Glasnow had a really nice outing. One of his walks had 3 straight missed calls and should have been a K.

He's making major progress, even though the ERA doesn't show it right now.

For what it's worth, Cutch is now 4/9 following the double switch. Maybe something to keep an eye on.

Bell is something else to be happy about.

These next two against Philly and Atlanta are important. Need to make up some lost ground.
Ecbucs

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by Ecbucs »

From game recap of Nats version of Bucs Dugout, more evidence that Cutch is stinging the ball:

Trea Turner added another play to his defensive highlight reel as he dove for a ground ball and threw out Andrew McCutchen at first.
SteadyFreddy

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Next up for the Bucs the Phillies and the Braves the next 7 games who are both a combined 16 games under .500. Gotta take advantage here and win at least 4 or maybe even 5 of these next 7 games.
rucker59@gmail.com

5/18/2017 vs Nats

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5C7A7B6C7A6A190 wrote: Some hope - josh and Frazier; JHay having a bounce back year.  Tallion hopefully returning soon.  Glasnow - I'm actually liking him going forward.  If Meadows turns around (I have little doubt) then you got a new core (Bell, Meadows and Frazier) on par with or better than Cutch, Walker, Pedro. Nova is better than AJ, Tallion and Glasnow could be a very good top 3. 

Something there to work with 2018 and beyond.  Gotta manage this team very smart and the future could be bright.

did Bob Nutting hack Vapirate's account? 

Would be nice to have a lot of things go right for awhile.

Donald Trump - "I'd like to see all my haters negotiate with Putin, they couldn't even make it in junior achievement in High school..."

John Jaso - "I'd like to see all my haters take a cut against Strausburg, they couldn't even play JV...."

Bob Nutting - "I'd like to see all my haters turn the Pittsburgh Pirates into a Billion Dollars, they couldn't even maintain a paper route as a kid..."

VaPirate - poor sap who lost his paper route, booted out of JA and was cut from the JV team, but can still recognize a cow pile in the field of life when he sees one....

:D

:)

;)