Back to business - Mets verses Pirates game #2

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

6D404D5C5B4A5D1D1E2F0 wrote: Jaso! He's been hot lately.

For like a month. People just haven't wanted to notice.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Pirates are now 9-5 in there last 14 games and that is without Taillon in the rotation at all who is going to begin a rehab assingnment and hopefully be back maybe in another week or so. Hopefully find a way to win another series tonight on Sunday night baseball.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

3C373F3336372C696F182139303737763B37580 wrote: is Gift a good bunter?

You want to squeeze with the bases loaded?  Gift almost had one fall in.

glad he almost had one fall in, I was thinking more of avoiding the dp depending on how infield was playing. If everybody is in then you need to hit away. Glad jaso came through.

You should never bunt, even a squeeze, with the bases loaded. It's a force out.

As bad as we are at getting runs home from third, I'd look into squeezing with the bases loaded. We failed at that twice in the ninth and once in the tenth where a good bunt would have ended the game.

I'm being facetious, but it's amuses me that we can't get runners home from third with less than two outs.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

52565E697F6F5A7D721C0 wrote: I think Jaso fell victim to what frustrated me so much about the Pirates before recent years, being used in the wrong role. Decent bench guys were being used as starters until the playoff years. And it's happening again now.

Occasional starter, pinch hitter, that's what Jaso should be. And in that role, he's adequate. Yes, he had a horrible start this year, but he's not that bad. He's a decent OBP guy, who doesn't have the power or glove to play a corner position every day. It's really not his fault that he was being run out as the starting right fielder.

I agree. I was down on Jaso because I didn't think he would provide much just as a back up first baseman. This was also assuming Kang would be back as the Pirates already have Freese.

He is not an outfielder either. I never expected him to play that much out there. I preferred a bigger power bat off the bench, but Jaso is probably the team's best bench option if Freese and Frazier are starters.