Serpico is back!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Serpico is back!

Post by IABucFan »

OK...not gonna lie...I'm as ticked at the Pirates right now as anybody. I haven't hardly watched them for a week and a half. But, I have to admit...that's pretty cool.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Serpico is back!

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

You may be right. Even Taillon was mentioning how he was someone he looked up to last year. McCutchen greeting him was cool. Rodriguez coming early was cool too.
skinnyhorse

Serpico is back!

Post by skinnyhorse »

4D6E7B7B7A72717F7A7B6C26261E0 wrote: Kinda weird but on the good clubs we had from 13-15 I thought Pedro was an absolute albatross.  That said, because this club is so bad comparatively speaking, I wouldn't mind considering Pedro Alvarez for the bench.  I am going to go punish myself for that thought now.......

Absolutely not!
iwatch

Serpico is back!

Post by iwatch »

For as much as he is lambasted, he's led the NL in homers, been an NL All-Star, a first round draft pick, hit three playoff homers, won a Silver Slugger, and competed in the home run derby. There are very few people in history who can claim that. Yes, he never amounted to what Pirates fans hoped when they were staying up till all hours of the morning seeing if the team signed him prior to the deadline or if Boras had somehow managed to swindle him away. But, Pedro had a nice career, and should be set for life financially if he was wise when he signed, and I suspect he was, as he went to arguably the best high school/prep school in the country and to Vanderbilt, which is not exactly known for accepting every dummy on the street.

There are quite a few people in history that can actually throw from third to first. Pedro is not one of them.

He always impressed me as a guy who didn't fully believe in himself. Seemed to lack that confidence. I never disliked Pedro, and was sad that he never really developed into "that" guy. We needed him to be a cornerstone. Imagine our team if Pedro was playing a decent 3rd base, hitting .250 with 40 HRs. Different story.