8-10 game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

8-10 game

Post by iabucco »

The only pitcher that Hurdle has consistently used as a true fireman in his years is Jared Hughes. Hurdle prefers to bring guys on at the start of the inning but Hughes was used more than anyone else to put fires out with guys on base.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

8-10 game

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7E767562747478170 wrote: The only pitcher that Hurdle has consistently used as a true fireman in his years is Jared Hughes.  Hurdle prefers to bring guys on at the start of the inning but Hughes was used more than anyone else to put fires out with guys on base. 

Very true as Hughes is a groundball pitcher. Hughes was not the best bullpen pitcher over Watson and Melancon.

Hurdle was bringing in Rivero this year in tougher situations no matter what late inning it was at the time. Now, Rivero is mainly the Closer.
iabucco

8-10 game

Post by iabucco »

To stick up for Hurdle in brining in Rivero yesterday, the only out that Nicasio got was one where Marte had to run a long way to catch it. I didn't get to watch so I don't know if the hits were hard hits or soft hits but I am not going to bust Hurdle up too much for wanting to slam the door. I do agree that the save stat really needs to be redone.